Paul Allen's 400+ft Yacht "Octopus"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt308

Glock Perfection
Apr 12, 2005
Washington State
I can't add much to the pictures. I literally spent 20min staring at all the details in these pics. Look at all the chrome railing on her. She is a beauty!

Attachments

• Octopus.pps
    3.3 MB · Views: 247
Not many people on the boat... he needs some friends...

Gimmie a call Paul!

Not a sea-faring man myself
but when does a yacht start being a ship? If that came chugging past me I wouldn't have called it a yacht

Just think of all the "good" he could have done with the $400 million dollars. Wonder how many people $400M
will feed ????? What's that they say about a man and his toys ???

Charles

"He who dies with the best toys, wins."

But he's still dead, where's the winning to that ? :p

Paul Allen has private charities set up so I don't think his personal indulgences are overboard.
Paul Allen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How much philanthropy is enough ?
Personally I think all of us wish we had that type of disposable income.

That is one cool ship Matt. :thumbright:

Wheels

And remember, Allen spends a boatload (sorry for the pun!) of cash restoring and flying lots of warbirds, so that's a really good thing for those of us on this site.

To put it in perspective, that thing is roughly the same gross tonage as a US Heavy Cruiser(New Orleans Class) at the begining of WW2.

That is one honkin' big boat!

Around 25 years ago I used to do marine insurance and the chap next to me did some huge yachts. I will always remember a claim for just under $1m to replace the carpets as there was some water damage after a storm. The damage was very limited but he had the same carpet in most of the yacht and it all had to be replaced.

Personally I prefer yachts with sails so Id sell it and by a J class, that would leave me plentyof money left to run it and by a house and retire and do anything I liked mmmmmmmmmm lovely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back