Pe-2/Pe-3.....for VVS.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
If I jump on the bandwaggon here, I think that I'll do the 1/48 Pe-2 or Pe-3. Question is though, what's the MPM/Special Hobby kits like? Never built one....

Jan if it's like other MPM/Special Hobby kits I've built it will look great when done, but will be a lot of work to get there. The XF-85 I built for the cold war GB was Special Hobby and it was a handful!

Last edited:
Right fellas, cheers! Just need to find a '13' or I'll do Mariya Dolina's and her Pe-2 from the 125th Guards Bomber Flying Regiment.....

Maybe even Lydia Litvyak's Yak-1 or Natalya Meklin's Po-2 if you can get one in 1/48! Not short of ideas.... :lol:

Well, since I got my hands on a Pe-2 (from Krakow, Poland), I only need to find a '13', or maybe I should do Mariya Dolina's Pe-2 from the 125th Guards Bomber Flying Regiment?

Decisions, decisions.... :lol:

Attachments

• MPM_Pe-2_2972.jpg
    MPM_Pe-2_2972.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 242
Give it a whirl mate.

Now if you multiply the 2 of Pe-2 by the aircraft number 5, you get 10. Now take the 2 of the Pe-2 from the aircraft 5 and you have 3. Add the 10 and 3 and you have 13, so like I say mate, give it a whirl..................:p............:p

Well, as the Polikarpov U-2 from Gavia or Eduards Po-2 (which would have cost me 66 quid to get here from Aussieland) seem to be as easy to find as twisting horse sh*t, singing 'Let's Twist Again', I think that I'll try this one and no, haven't made my mind up yet.... :lol:

Jan, I'm not sure about how much the profile is correct because I haven't found any pictures of the real aircraft so far.I found it in an old booklet of TBU series no.35. But it looks quite good and correct because I have seen images of similar painted Pe-2s ( for instance Blue 3 and Red 15)

Attachments

• Pe-2FT Blue13.jpg
    Pe-2FT Blue13.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
The only pic I've been able to find of her plane is this one
pe2dolina.jpg

No luck finding anything about her beyond the regular internet search.

I do have a color print of White 13, which was a Hurrican IIB from Lend Lease if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back