Peace protesting must be stopped!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by P38 Pilot, Jul 3, 2005.

?

How would you want to put pain on a peace protestor?

1. 1) Pepper spray to the eyes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2) Kick to the groin (if male)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3) beat them with a thick stick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4) knock them out and send them over too Iraq

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P38 Pilot

P38 Pilot Active Member

Student in High School
    I dont believe peace protesters have the right to reamin Americans or if you British are having the problem too they dont deserve to be British then. Over here they are saying that American soldiers are treating our enemy terribly! What the hell is that suppose to mean?!!!!!??!!! :evil:

We are fighting a damn war and we need to kill the terroist and spread freedom to everyone and every country! Thats why we fight! FOR LIBERTY!!
    :bazooka: :happyhippy::rightfighter5:

I HATE HIPPIES

2. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    Ummmm.... As an Admin I... Ummmm....

I dont know what to say....

3. trackend

trackend Active Member

Retired tech support railway engineer
    I believe that if someone wants to protest against a conflict or a political decision then that is there right but they do not have the right to run down or denigrate the service personnel whom are carrying out the duties to which they have been assigned and are risking their necks for those whom are doing the protesting the armed forces do their duty but it is up to us to support them in what ever way we can and point out that criticism (like Pratt boys on the other thread) is way out of order and will not be tolerated so they should button it and stop the gum banging against our service personnel . Freedom to protest is won on the shoulders of giants be it Land,Sea or Sky and some of these tossers need to be reminded of it.

4. FLYBOYJ

FLYBOYJ "THE GREAT GAZOO"
    Staff Member Moderator

Aircraft Maintenance Manager/ Flight Instructor
    I know this sounds crazy, but under our constitution, they have a right to free speech. Although I can't stand them either, the best thing is to legally confront them and counter their publicity. Counter their propaganda by writing in your local newspapers and show all that these freakoids are uneducated and a minority. Vote! That's the most important thing you could do. I have found that many of these pinkos loose steam and eventually give up the cause when they find a good pot party to go to or when their band had a gig!

No - let em protest and then counter their cause effectively.

5. cheddar cheese

cheddar cheese Active Member

Student
    Yeah, isnt the right to free speech what war is about anyway? Let them have their say.

6. Erich

Erich the old Sage
    Staff Member Moderator

I refuse comment as it will bring back 1971-74, although the Iraq thing sounds feasible.

We thought it would be best to bring the flag burners on the front lines in Nam for the Cong to practice bamboo splints on but this is old old news forgotten

7. Aggie08

Aggie08 Active Member

Student
    Wow...just...wow. I'm in the same boat as primus. What do you say to that? :?:

8. FLYBOYJ

FLYBOYJ "THE GREAT GAZOO"
    Staff Member Moderator

Aircraft Maintenance Manager/ Flight Instructor
    In 1969 my brother was coming home from Viet Nam and was flying through Cleveland. A man and a woman approached my brother (who was in uniform and they wore the typical hippie garb of the day) and started calling him a baby killer! Then both of them starting spitting at him.

My brother grabbed them, b*tch slapped both of them and proceeded to toss them both through an airport storefront glass window. Airport security police came on scene and was ready to arrest my brother when one of "protesters" started calling the police "Facists Pigs," just for showing up on scene in a uniform! My brother said he couldn't believe it! Had they kept their yaps shut my bother would of been the one tossed in the klink, but instead the whole situation reversed! The Police arrested the couple instead and let my brother go - it turned out one of police officers returned from Viet Nam a year earlier.

You see - these jerk-offs who do this sought of thing will just hang them selfs, just got to feed them enough rope.

9. P38 Pilot

P38 Pilot Active Member

Student in High School
    You guys are right. there was a protest in Auburn 2 years ago. We had those peace supporting freaks and the proud patriotic troop supporter ( i was apart of) You can judge by the way they look when you see them. Wearing their hair out extremly long, wearing peace signs and how they talk! Someone at the protest/ troop support had a mom to go over there. One of those sick peace bastards came out and called his mom a Nazi and a baby killer. It made me so mad i started calling him some stuff and that guy turned around and called me a Hitler Youth!!! :evil: I was so mad that if my brother hadnt grabbed me that guy would've sang supriano!!! My dad started shouting at the guy about how he should be sent to Iraq and be used as target practice! I got back at the guy and said that if he called me a Hitler Youth again, i would kicked the mess out of groin and he shut up after that. Well they all left because they couldnt fight back any more and that comes to show that those pot heads need to be sent out of America and put into Iraq where the terroist will kill a couple of them and then the other peace protesting crack heads might start protesting for war bonds to be reinstated!

Attached Files:

10. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

People have the right to protest, that's what soldiers fight for. I hate them when they start calling people Nazis and war mongers because they might just support the war.

I think everyone wants the best for their country...unfortunately...not everyone has a clue.

11. DerAdlerIstGelandet

DerAdlerIstGelandet Der Crew Chief
    Staff Member Moderator

A&P - Aircraft Technician
    Well as a active duty soldier and an Iraq veteran here is my take on the peace protesters. I have no problem with them protesting against the government, it is there god given right as a member of the free world and everyone is entitled to there freedom of speech. I draw the line though when they badmouth members of the military when the only thing they see is what they watch on fucking CNN! Let them protest I dont care but they need to remember that throughout history it was the soldier who shed his blood so that they coudl protest.

Now this below is a little off topic but I thought it was fitting anyhow.

It is the Soldier not the Reporter,
    Who has given us Freedom of Press.
    It is the Soldier, not the Poet,
    Who has given us Freedom of Speech.
    It is the Soldier, not the Campus Organizer,
    Who has given us Freedom to Demonstrate.
    It is the Soldier,
    Who serves the Flag,
    Who serves under the Flag,
    And whos coffin is draped under the Flag,
    Who allows the Protester to Burn the Flag.

12. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

Oh yeah, when they protest against the actual military they need a kick...and several hundred more kicks.

13. DerAdlerIstGelandet

DerAdlerIstGelandet Der Crew Chief
    Staff Member Moderator

A&P - Aircraft Technician
    I agree, I can not stand it.

14. Erich

Erich the old Sage
    Staff Member Moderator

here we go then, will agree Adler on your statements, the civilian population have the FREE right to do so but it was the brothers in arms that sacrificed themselves so THESE folk can have the right to bitch

so for you wingding protesters I give you this

Attached Files:

15. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

:lol: Damn right, Erich!

16. kiwimac

kiwimac Active Member

Priest
    Home Page:
    Let me disagree.

Protestors have both the civil right to protest and since the Nuremberg trials, the legal obligation to protest. Indeed, under the Nuremberg protocols failure to protest an unjust war is complicity in waging it.

The war in Iraq is such an unjust war:

**There were no WMDs
    **There was no Nuclear Weapons program
    **ALL of the Weapons inspectors, both UN and US, have found zero, zip, nada.
    **Since the invasion a relatively secular state has become a hotbed of Islamic sectarian violence.
    **According to the British Medical Journal the Lancet the invasion forces have killed and wounded more folk than Saddam did.
    **According to the Downing Street Memos the war was a pre-planned act of aggression which makes the US and UK liable for War Crimes charges under the Nuremberg laws which, ironically enough, the US helped draft.

Talking as an ex serviceman this war was poorly planned, ideologically driven and appallingly carried out. My superiors would have had my nuts on a plate if I had planned anything as half-witted as this!

Kiwimac

17. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    But a cruel and mentally deranged madman isnt killing innocent civilians by the thousands......

He's in a jail being guarded by kids not old enough to drink a beer, eating doritos and waiting for his own people to cut off his head......

I hope ALL the insurgents and terrorists move to Iraq... That way theyll all be in the same place, and easier to exterminate in a shorter period of time...

18. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

Also, the Nuremburg laws on war are illogical. What is an unjust war, exactly? A War Crime isn't war itself, it's crimes within war. No modern international 'law' has ever stated that the "Right of Conquest" has been erased from national law.

Take for example, the Falklands War. Was that illegal? It was an obvious act of aggression by Argentina. However, it was not taken as a war crime because it wasn't. It was a war of conquest that ultimately failed on their part.

There cannot be international law because it would mean imposing your beliefs on other countries, and that would be hypocritcal of the freedom loving Western nations now, wouldn't it? :lol:

19. kiwimac

kiwimac Active Member

Priest
    Home Page:
    Les,

Thats NOT the way it works you know it. I expected more sense from you. The Iraqi's fighting against the Alliance forces will simply breed another generation of freedom fighters / terrorists. THe others will take the lessons they learned (just like the Germans in the Spanish Civil War) back to their home countries and the result will be better trained freedom fighters / terrorists.

Nope Hussein isn't killing anyone, the US UK are and in larger numbers. His streets were realtively safe for Iraqi women, not anymore!, his secular regime which OBL absolutely HATED is now gone and replaced with the familiar Shi'ite vs. Sunni squabble and to top it all off, the US has lost the support of many of its traditional allies.

Familiar with the phrase, 'shooting yourself in the foot?'

Kiwimac

20. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

I want the numbers on that accusation that invasion forces have killed and injured more than Saddam did. Are we forgetting the Iraq-Iran war and Kurdish gassing?

Hussein has proved himself in the past to be a volatile man, with his mass executions and wars. The numbers of his executions have never been revealed, and I doubt it's possible to do so. There's been so many mass graves discovered, it's quite unbelievable in this day and age.

What I do know is this, no war is unjustified. There's no such thing as an unjustified war because all war has an objective for someone. If this war was for the Western world to get cheap oil from Iraq, then so be it. I like that idea. I will accept that no WMD were found but I also don't care because even if Tony Blair had said to me "We're invading Iraq because we want their oil" I'd have said "Well, make sure you just take the oil and don't bother with their cities".

People have the right to protest against war, and people also have the right to support war. Which ever way you look at it, it's always the soldier that protects that right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.