Photo bucket....what is this?? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
IMG_20170630_182235.jpg

Don't know WHAT you've gotten yourself into Jan but:
Web hosting refers to a service that puts your website on the Internet. In other words, it makes your website available to your users. In general, most websites are intended to be viewed by anyone on the Internet, at any time. If you want anyone on the Internet to be able to view your website at any time, you need to make sure your website is running on a computer which is connected to the Internet 24 hours per day, 7 days per week (24/7).

If you do not intend to do this yourself, then you need someone else to do it, the THIRD party.

This is the most common choice for web hosting. Using a third party hosting provider allows you to concentrate on developing your website (or whatever else it is you may do), and leave the hosting tasks up to a company who (presumably) specializes in web hosting.
A good web hosting company will provide at least the following services:
24/7 support
24/7 FTP access (so you can update your website)
A number of email accounts (eg, [email protected])
Online control panel for managing your website
Online traffic statistics (so you can see how much traffic your website receives)
A robust database management system, such as MySQL or MS SQL. This is so you can add your own database if required

If you require specialized server application software such as ColdFusion, SQL Server, or PHP, you will need to check that the hosting provider supports this.

Once you start looking for a web hosting provider, you will notice there is a very large difference in how much they charge. You will also notice that most web hosts have multiple hosting plans, each at different prices. Any good web host will allow you to upgrade a plan later on if required, so don't feel as though you need to start off on a plan that costs more than you need.

I'm starting to think that this is a scam of some sort, since I haven't used photobucket to post pics here, for ages now....

IMG_20170701_102713.jpg

....and for how long I used these guys before this, one would think that it would have popped up many a blue moon ago....:lol:

Besides, if there would be problems with posting photos on forums etc., why the f*ck would they then have the links to do so?

The more I think about it, this smells fishy....as much fishy as the big fish market in Japan!

Humm.. Jan can you check what URL address is set for your siggy? It should be accessed in your profile with the option Siganture..

That's what I just did....$399, for posting the pics on forums, which they allowed in the first place, why else would have the links....they can go and f*ck themselves! :lol:

Isee. But it looks very strange. Could you get the screenshot of the siggy URL and post here? Also has been uploaded your siggy to the photobucket site? In other words is the siggy pic source?

Yep. But I wonder if it is the forum issue or it is the pb one? But if the URL address of your siggy is of the pb site it means that it is of their problem. But if you don't store the siggy shot there it may be a problem with the site hacking. I can't access the ACP and can't check on your settings. But you can do that personally. However I would like to see what the URL address looks like.

OK I understand. But Jan, I need to see the URL address you have set here for your account. It is accesible with the Signature option for your profile.

shot.jpg

OK. Please check on this and grab a screen with the screen showing the URL.. If you paste a URL address like you did above it becomes a link. If the IMG tags are added the pic is displayed and the URL address can't be seen at all.

Just tell me.. have you uploaded the siggy shot to the pb site and here set its URL address from the site. Am I right?.

It looks like the pb issue. But please check on our site.Any trouble?

BTW.. pb=photobucket not fb=facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back