Photos That Changed the World

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Negative Creep

Staff Sergeant
Apr 1, 2007
New Zealand
To make up for not having posted in a while, thought I'd share this link I found on another forum. About half I'd seen countless times, but there are some I'd never seen and they are all incredible in their own way

Note - some are NSFW

Photos that Changed the World

Before I even looked at the images, the first one I thought of was the one where the fireman is carrying the infant from the Oklahoma City bombing. These are powerful images.

What is wrong with this caption for 10 points. :rolleyes:

Omaha Beach

Omaha Beach was the code name of one of the points where the Allies would land and invade France, which was then conquered by Germany during the World War II. The beach is located in the shores of Normandy, facing the English Channel.

The British troops invaded Omaha Beach on June 6, 1944, and waged an attack on the German forces in three bloody assaults. To land on the beach was a difficult task due to the rocky terrains of the area, but because of the joined powers of the Air Force and Navy, the Germans were defeated by end of the day, and the D-Day objectives were fulfilled.

And here I thought it was the Hungarians...Silly me.:rolleyes: And I'm glad they fulfilled ALL their D-Day objectives. What history have I been reading?

And here I thought it was the Hungarians...Silly me.:rolleyes: And I'm glad they fulfilled ALL their D-Day objectives. What history have I been reading?

Well their was one Hungarian their, the photographer of this picture Robert Capa. Capa took 106 photos of the Omaha landings but when they were developed in London all but 10 were ruined.

Wow, I didn't know that. See what you can learn when you're trying to be a sarcastic know-it-all?!? Seriously I was just trying to insert something unlikely and for some reason that came to mind. I should have said Aztecs or maybe Mayans. Anyway, thanks for the info bigZ. Imagine what those photos would have shown if the hadn't been over-developed in haste? Sad. I wonder if modern technology could have gotten something from them if they were still around. I also read that a duffle bag of motion picture film and/or still shots was dropped over the side of some ship while being transfered aboard for the trip back to England. What would they have shown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back