photos. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

starling

Airman 1st Class
May 8, 2008
bomber command hq.
ladies and gents,i have 2 photos of my grandad sitting in a bf-109 of what type i do not know.he was a bofors gunner you see.now,i do not have a scanner,but i do have a digital camera.the photos are quite small however,can anyone help me out,as i would like to see perhaps a larger image.and i hope u will be happy to see them.i am dodgy with techno stuff though.yours,starling.

thanks thor,but i am pretty much housebound disabled..just me and mum,and i cannot be left...the library is damn nigh impossible...cheers anyway.starling.:oops: .

Depending on the quality of the shot from a digital camera you maybe able to enlarge it but as you enlarge it the quality of the shot can be reduced. If you post it I will give it a shot though there are some around here that are much better at it then me.

I agree with Micdrow.Try to take as better shots as you can and then upload these here.We will try to work it out of what type the plane was.:D

i have a scanner now gents,but its not expensive.i tried cleaning up the photos,but i have not had much success?.do you have better software available?,would you like me to scan the pictures through?,cheers.

I'm sure pro photographers can give you better advice, but here is what I would do:
Set your camera on "Macro" (Little flower symbol) for a close up shot.
Get good non-reflective lighting, but lots of it on the subject.
Try not to do it hand held. Use a tripod or some other kind of brace.
Get it nice and square to reduce distortion.
Take a bunch of shots, especially if you don't have a steady support.

(Not a particularly good photographer)
- Ivan.

i have a scanner now gents,but its not expensive.i tried cleaning up the photos,but i have not had much success?.do you have better software available?,would you like me to scan the pictures through?,cheers.

Did you manage with their scanning finally? If yes upload them here please.

new picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0002_NEW.jpg
    IMG_0002_NEW.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 275
I've just shrunk the image and played with the brightness/contrast, this is the best I could come up with, may be easier to ID :)

Attachments

• plane ID.jpg
    plane ID.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 116
Sorry if I caused confusion with my last post. It is certainly a Fw 190, but it's impossible to tell what version it is as I cannot see any part that would ID it. I would imagine it would be in the A-8 to A-9 range, as it looks like a post-war shot to me and those would be most common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back