Phun With Photoshop (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thirtybg

Airman
Sep 14, 2007
Every now and again I mess around with PS in one way or another, mostly for fun or to create graphics for various web projects.

Recently a fella posted this image on another forum I frequent, and the creative juices started flowing...

Original image:

Russell2008015.gif

Jeff Hunt photo

And the photochop:

Russell2008015a.gif

This particular piece is meant to loosely represent a photo taken with an old Brownie box, with the blurred corners/edges. All four B-17s in the image are the same ship... the late Dave Tallichet's Memphis Belle... or as she's now known, 'The Movie Memphis Belle'.

I'll try and dig up some others I've done.

Here's another... my Dad took this photo at Hamilton, Ontario in the mid-80s. The P-40 is Kittyhawk AK940, then owned by Bill 'Doc' Anderson.

002.gif

Norb 'Bruno' Donacik photo

I found this image on the web, also showing AK940... albeit in Wanaka, New Zealand during 2002 before being delivered to current owner Tony Banta in Livermoore, California.

001.gif

Photographer unknown

I replaced the P-51 in the background with the P-40 from the second image, removed some extraneous stuff, added some shadows, messed with the colors and levels and such, and came up with this:

003.gif

This one may appear to have been a simple job, but it wasn't.

I started with this shot, taken at the NMUSAF earlier this year by a fellow forumite from another forum...

foggyfield.gif

I added a B-17 (The CAF's Sentimental Journey) and spent the better half of an afternoon trying to get things to look right... it's still not there, but it's good enough me thinks...

foggyfield1v.gif

In meantime I've found this one via Internet.

Attachments

• How_Real_Men_Water_Ski_.jpg
    How_Real_Men_Water_Ski_.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 267
Here's some older things I've done...

This first one was a super quickie (and ugly) job done to rib an acquaintance who drove Eagles with the 48th FW.

Typhoon48thFW.gif

Here's another ugly one done very quickly during a PM session to rib a friend who's a fan of the Bic Jet... he didn't appreciate it very much... LOL

1BICJET.gif

This is one of the first photochops I ever did... it's poorly done, but it was fun. The fella in the cockpit is/was a wrench monkey on Danish F-16s.

HappyFlyvevbnetDude.gif

This one isn't aviation-related... 'twas just a bit of fun using photos of a couple friends...

Ohshitareweintroublenow.gif

Another very early one... and fairly simple... the N-3PB never carried US markings, so I had to remedy that right-quick...

2-BaseFinal.gif

I used to run an aircraft ID quiz on a number of forums, and this was done as an April Fool's joke one year. It's a composite using elements from images of three different aircraft.

000.gif

I may or may not have posted this here before. It's just a little more goofiness using a NASA photo, a snap of a friend's model, a couple'a flying telephone poles, and Joe Cool...

U-2inTrouble.gif

Almost forgot... this didn't turn out the way I'd intended (they almost never do) but it's still pretty cool lookin'. As most of you could probably tell, this is a model... the image was done as another April Fools kinda thing, although I don't think I fooled many folks... LOL

done3c.gif

Here's the latest... a fella on another forum posted a shot of a newly restored P-51 that just begged to be chopped...

Here's the original...

IMG_0781.gif

Photo by Vlado

And the chop... I call this 'The Duel'...

Comp4-1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back