Picture up-loading problem ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I've noticed today (Friday 16th June) that up-loading images is rather cumbersome.
When clicking on 'upload a file', a small box appears, with a 'button' to 'select file', which only allows one image at a time to be up-loaded, a slow and PITA process.
This hasn't happened for me before now, and I'm guessing it's a possible result of lack of site maintenance with Horse being absent ?

Last edited:
I've noticed today (Friday 16th June) that up-loading images is rather cumbersome.
When clicking on 'upload image', a small box appears, with a 'button' to 'select image', which only allows one image at a time to be up-loaded, a slow and PITA process.
This hasn't happened for me before now, and I'm guessing it's a possible result of lack of site maintenance with Horse being absent ?
That sounds like how i have to upload pics from my kindle or phone.

Terry, the forum soft is a kind of self-updating one. So there is no need to do it by the admin. Just monitoring. It is possible that there were introducing changings on the server or the outer ones . Usually it takes some of time to be changed fully. This can be the reason for that. Yesterday the forum worked fine but today I noticed a couple of problems but these seem to be fixed now. I didn't have any troble with uploading pics a while ago.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is what Terry is talking about but I am now getting this box after selecting the "Upload a File" button:

Capture.JPG

This is new to me and only allows me to upload one file at a time rather than selecting multiples. Coincidentally (?) I did a Java update today.

This is the basic uploader of the forum Andy. It may happen it appears if you click the Upload a File button while the page isn't uploaded fully. I also got the one a couple of times. Usually I close it with the Close button there and click the Upload a File one again. Then the full uploader should be displayed. If not use the F5 button and try again.

Yep, that's what I was getting. It happened again a couple of days ago, and I was unable to alter it by all the methods suggested. It seems to 'clear itself' after a while, but it' a real pain when it happens.
I'm wondering if some of the site maintenance is suffering due to the absence of Horse.

Really not sure what the reason for it can be. My soft works fine with the uploader. Perhaps the recent updates aren't introduced properly. But I can't find why and where the error is made.

BTW.. just uploaded a pic to Jan's thread with no problem. When clicked the Upload a File button the Windows uploader was opened. I did that using the FF and the IE. IMHO the issue seems to be caused by the wrong "cooperation" between the Windows. and a net browser. So the Java updating could ba the reason. However the problem with your local servers is very likely too because it happens not to all users here.

Last edited:
It seems that the Chrome is the problem then. Could you check anything Andy? Do you run the Adblock soft with the Chrome? If you do disable it and then check if there is still the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back