pictures of wrecked a/c in the Pacific

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

daveT

Senior Airman
I'm looking for pictures of wrecked aircraft in the Pacific taken during WW2 of japanese or american planes being looked at/inpected by the opposing side. for example I saw a photo somewhere of a crashed B-24 that that was being inspected by Japanese personnel. Photos must be during the war and not after. I'm working on a report about Technical Air Intelligence units. Also any pictures of Technical Air Intelligence service personnel in action. P.S. I already have pictures of the Koga Zero recovery.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Don't know if these will be of any use,proberly won't

Can you post your pic of the B-24 I would like to see it please

source:History101.com

Attachments

• Japan-PICT1623[1].jpg
    Japan-PICT1623[1].jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Japan-PICT1625[1].jpg
    Japan-PICT1625[1].jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Japan-PICT1834[2].jpg
    Japan-PICT1834[2].jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Japan-PICT1836[2].jpg
    Japan-PICT1836[2].jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 366
  • JapAircraftcWeb[1].jpg
    JapAircraftcWeb[1].jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 228
  • JapFloatplaneFlypast[1].jpg
    JapFloatplaneFlypast[1].jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Corsair_japan[1].jpg
    Corsair_japan[1].jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 219
To the Best of my knowledge at wars end

If I remember correctly the Corsair is post war its an RNZAF corsair assigned to occupation duties and this it is being burnt along with other corsairs some time after its use expired

Enraging?

Drives me up the wall

Quite a few RNZAF corsairs were simply bulldozed either together to be burnt or into holes and crushed

Now does that not Piss you off or what?

Definitely nice pics, and I agree, it's maddening to learn of aircraft just being wrecked for scrap. Still happens though. When the R.A.F. stopped using Phantoms in the Falkland Islands, the aircraft were crushed with an excavator's bucket, rolled into pits and burried, apparently!

I can't find the picture of the captured B-24, I hoping someone on this board has it. here are nice pictures of a captured Japanese aircraft unfortunetly I think it they are post war. Photos taken at Yokoskua

Attachments

• Yokosuka_MXY_7_ohka.jpg
    Yokosuka_MXY_7_ohka.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 230
  • aajsea%20plamne.jpg
    aajsea%20plamne.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Back