Plane crash Schiphol

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is tragic. I just saw this on Msnbc a few minutes ago;
AMSTERDAM - At least nine people were killed when a Turkish Airlines plane with 143 people aboard slammed into a field while attempting to land at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport and broke into three pieces, officials said Wednesday.

Latest news: 134 passengers, 86 wounded, of whom 25 severely injured. 6 are still in mortal danger. 9 are dead so far, including the cockpit crew.

Story is that both engines stopped at one time, possibly because of lack of fuel. It then fell from the sky, just a little short from the airfield. Judging by the length of the trail, speed was very low at the time of the crash. So the idea is that the a/c stalled after the engines stopped during landing.

ok what is going on we had a plane go into the hudson then everyone on a plane in buffalo died and now this

if it isn't sabotage i don't know

ok what is going on we had a plane go into the hudson then everyone on a plane in buffalo died and now this

if it isn't sabotage i don't know

The Hudson crash was caused by bird strikes. The Buffalo crash appears to be icing. What happened this time is anyone's guess, but to call it sabotage at this point is not a wise thing to do. Let the investigators look into it before speculating on the cause.

There are rumours that the 737 didn't have enough fuel on board. This would indicate a mistake in Istanbul, where the a/c took off. But nothing is sure, yet. First priority are the victims.

I always feel for the cockpit crew when this happens. It is a shame that they had to lose their lives, and the same goes for the other people that lost their lives. R.I.P.

just heard the news on the radio, it was an update towards the cause of the crash. according to the blackbox there where problems with the altitude meter.

that might be part of it what was the sky conditions that day

Does anybody know what the weather was like that day; cloudy, low visibility? That may be a factor if the altitude meter was FUBAR.

actually the weather wasnt that bad, it was clouded but good visibility. no fog or even rain. it was dry during the crash (it was the same weather like here so)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back