Planes that look the part:thugs,brutes,killers. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not so sure about the Me 262 the Swallow, she looks fast and sleek

how about my fav ground attack job, in this case the Ju 87D. could be loaded for boar :arrow:

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 108
I am not a fan of the 262's aesthetics. She just didn't look mean! Although, I bet she'd look mean flashing 30mm at your bomber zipping by at 400something knots.

Martin PBM-5A

Looks like a hunched bird of prey with the gull wings and the pug foreend with gun turret looks like its smoking a stogie.

Attachments

• showimage.jpg
    showimage.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Mariner.jpg
    Mariner.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 97
Ugly - Any plane made by Blohm and Voss, P-40 without the shark mouth. It just looks naked without it.
Brute - P-47, Typhoon,
Killer - B-25 that had 8 fixed machine guns in the nose, 4 more on the sides, and 2 more in the dorsal gun. That would punch a hole in anything

I disagree on the P.40! I think the sexiest ones didn't have the sharkmouths.

rednose.jpg

P-40-06.jpg

p40f.jpg

i don't see the facination with the shark mouths, particularly on the P-40, they rarely do a great deal to improve the looks of an aircraft and the P-40 is no exception, she looks ok with or without..........

Not a chance. That front end screams for a sharks mouth. I've always thought the F-16 looked like a shark with the long snout and open mouth below. I think the Viper was misnamed.

ju87 stuka with the cannons on the wings looks bad, sounds bad and if your on the ground watching it come down Is BAD! And the b25 with 12 foward firing .50s The typhoon with the cannon pods is pretty mean also. As well as the 190 in the bomber attack setup.

if we are going beyond WW2 you gotta include the skyraider, WW2 have to say the typhoon, talked to a german fella a few years ago, said he was scared s******** when saw the typhoons coming

O.k here's what I think, P40s Fw190s mosquitos all a little too smooth, sleek,
cool looking, I'm kinda on the fence about the Stuka. And RafAce are you kidding?, a spit? like the most pleasing shape to come out of manned flight. jabberwocky Typhoon goood I was gonna list it myself, Short Sterling, flights ugliest plane doing aviations ugliest job, perfect. I was not familiar w/ ME264
whew thats one fearsome looking dude. Lanc, Avenger a fat bird heavy with
kipper, I like it. I'm curious about Cr32's, and Ki102s, please post some shots
or links, as I'm not sure I know the types. As a parting shot. What about the P 61?, its thick black, has a nose like DeGaulle, and a goiter w/ 4 M.Gs on its back. Ugly enough to foul up the twin boom planform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back