Pokryshkin's Yak-1 during 1941

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nick Marich

Airman
May 26, 2022
Serbia
hi there! lookin' for potential images / information about Aleksandr Pokryshkin's Yak-1 during 1941, specifically the paint scheme/camouflage and whether it had some particular symbols to it.

much appreciated !

Pokryshkin fought on the MiG-3 throughout 1941. He flew the Yak-1 in 1942 for a very short time. He had few victories at that time, it is unlikely that his airplane had any special markings, etc. (and it is not known whether he had his own airplane - there were more pilots without airplanes than airplanes). I did not see any drawings of Pokryshkin's Yak-1 in Russian-language sources. I doubt that this information can even be found. But if I'm wrong, any reference would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I just went quickly through Pokhrishkin's "To know oneself in combat" online. He flew Yak-1s just after his missions where he flew Bf-109E. It was the baseline model of Yak-1 (1941), as there is reference that they got those from nearby regiment in 1942, and that nearby regiment was to get newly-produced ones. It also seems that his Yak had no radio. Only distinguishing marks between Yaks from his squadron and other nearby sqandron was propeller hub colour (doesn't mention which colour).

So... baseline, war-weary Yak-1 of default colour scheme of 1941 w/out antenna mast, unknown number, unknown prop hub colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back