Poland Buys South Korean FA-50

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
Poland has ordered 50 South Korean Aerospace Industries FA-50 light combat aircraft.

Now, doesn't that sound weird?

korea_aerospace_fa-50_korea_aerospace_industries.jpeg

Poland has ordered 50 South Korean Aerospace Industries FA-50 light combat aircraft.

Now, doesn't that sound weird?

View attachment 679429
Well it's a nifty little jet and the South Koreans have been selling them. This could open the way for the Ukraine getting Polish MiG-29s but the delivery of these aircraft won't happen overnight, let alone setting up logistic support and training.

Should of bought the T-7.

I am sure it will have a light fighter variant similar to the T-38/F-5.
I think one reason why they might have went with the FA-50 was because the production line is active and the aircraft has seen combat (The Philippines have used theirs against communist insurgents).

Thank you - like I said I was curious on how this alliance is costly
How not costly when there are no enemies for the Japanese in this region after the ww2 was over?
Were not the enemies you may claim in this region originally created by the US?

How not costly when there are no enemies for the Japanese in this region after the ww2 was over?
Were not the enemies you may claim in this region originally created by the US?
The US sadly created an enemy with North Vietnam, but is the US solely to blame for aggression by N. Korea or China?

The USSR in 1945 surely qualified as an enemy of Japan's. They did, after all, declare war on the remaining Axis power and initiate combat operations. The enmity with USSR lasted even as America and Japan pivoted to peaceful relations. I suspect American troops in Japan probably deterred further USSR ambitions regarding Japanese territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back