Polikarpow PO-2 Night Whitch,s

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy
Here is another one i made this from paper and cardstock like that of the KATE and TBD. this was truely a relaxing kit to build very very difficult to build you got to have at leased 4 to 5 good card models under your belt before you build this one. The wing ribs were simulated by useing a ruler aqnd ink pin on the back side of the printed sheet when you turn the sheet over you will see the raised wing ribs. My own trick of the trade. this is the only Russian aircraft I have in my collection this aircraft is flown by the Polish squadron the night Whitch,s the kit is highly detailed it took me 4 months to build on the photos there is the real machine and i will thrown in my legenary pesky pilot which is always out of uniform.

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 193
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 171
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 184
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 164
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 172
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 766
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 190
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 198
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 176
  • po2_andreaskauert.jpg
    po2_andreaskauert.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 174
That is amazing work ! Never tried a paper model, seen them but always figured they were kind of cheesy but that certainly changes my mind !! ++

Your paper planes look betetr then most plastic ones boats.

Ahoy
Thanks fellas for all of your replies on my PO-2 it was a good build for a paper kit it is very detailed compared to the rest of my paper planes very difficult to build thye cockpit consist of 86 parts its a shame you cant see all that detail inside but its there like the real machine. thanks everyone for your replies I am honered.

Boats

Very cool! I had no idea the Night Witches were Polish.

You right Vic. The Night Witches' Squadron was of the Russian one with the Russian peronnel only. Of course the unit crew were women. That's why it was called with the name. The squadron was signed as the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th "Taman" Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment.
The model above presents the Po-2 biplane of the Polish Second Night Bomber Regiment "Cracow" formed in Grigoryevskoye, airfield, Russia, on the 1st April 1944. There weren't women servicing in the unit rather. But initially the squadron personnel consisted of Russian men mostly. At the same time about 600 Poles were sent to Soviet aviation schools. Later they changed the Russians in all Polish squadrons formed in USSR.

BTW ..... a nice model Boats. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back