POLL: What is the most important US-made aircraft in RAF history? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Park82

Airman
Oct 2, 2009
What is the most important US-made aircraft in RAF history?

The RAF Benevolent Fund, the RAF's leading welfare charity, is running a poll to find the greatest US-made aircraft in RAF history. At the moment the Phantom and Hercules are pulling ahead of aircraft like the Liberator and Catalina.

The poll is only going to be up for another week, so if you would like to vote, visit:

90 faces of the RAF Benevolent Fund

The poll is featured on our new microsite which we created to celebrate our 90th anniversary - the site is called "90 Faces of the RAFBF" and features 90 stories about our beneficiaries, history, fundraisers and supporters. If you visit you can listen to Winston Churchill's famous 1951 radio appeal on behalf of the RAFBF, watch videos of beneficiaries and serving RAF personnel describe how we help and learn about the enormous support we enjoy among the RAF.

How about the Hudson for the first 2 years it was with the exception of then short supply Sunderland the best ASW aircraft the Brits had

Liberator for me.

The winning of the battle of the Atlantic was the single most important strategic event for the allies. If the convoys didnt get through, no offensive actions.

Hi,

Thanks for all your votes in our poll to find the most important US-made aircraft in RAF history.

We have been a bit surprised at the lack of votes for the Liberator and Dakota, but the Phantom does seem to enjoy some serious support!

At the moment the Hercules is trailing the Phantom by about 60 votes. We have extended the deadline so please do vote if you think a Phantom victory would be unjust! Just click on the link below and make your choice.

90 faces of the RAF Benevolent Fund

No P40? No Mustang? No B-17? Me thinks this poll is a joke!

He is asking which US made aircraft was the most important for the RAF.

Can you honestly say that the B-17 and Mustang were the most important US built aircraft for the RAF? That they contributed more than any other US built aircraft for the RAF?

If I recall the B-17 was no longer used as a bomber by the RAF by 1942. They were all transferred to Coastal Command for patrol duties.

He is asking which US made aircraft was the most important for the RAF.

Can you honestly say that the B-17 and Mustang were the most important US built aircraft for the RAF? That they contributed more than any other US built aircraft for the RAF?

If I recall the B-17 was no longer used as a bomber by the RAF by 1942. They were all transferred to Coastal Command for patrol duties.

Also used as a transatlantic mail plane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back