View attachment Spitfire Fates.zip[
Don't know if these will help or not.
Easy one is the jpg which the perennial Internet Good Guys Mike Williams and Neil Stirling kindly made public, which details RAF front-line strength in the West by aircraft type by Command by month from Nov '44 to May '45. It's what I used for my strength numbers in the post above. I don't know if Mike has this for other months.
Second is a listing of every Spitfire ever produced ("Spitfire Fates.zip"), which can be found at
Spitfire downloads , and which I've arranged, using some Excel-fu, in ascending order of the month of the last entry. (The very early and very late losses have "garbage data" for the loss date, as the function looks for a final date in the 40's, mea culpa.) Apparently the website is a transcription of the data found in "Spitfire The History", though I've not checked. That's the same website which provided a lot of the base data for my Mosquito stuff, though in the case of the Mossie I believe it is a transcription of the data found in the Air Britiain Serial Number books.
There's about 3,500 Spits with a final listing from November '44 to April '45, allthough Nota Bene, there are a number of aircraft which were finally struck off charge in those months after having suffered an accident some time prior, don't quite know how you'll deal with that issue.
There is a list of abbreviations used provided on the airhistory.org website.
You can determine which units were front-line pretty easily, as I believe they were all numbered, though to check which Command the squadrons were with at the time you can use the list provided at
RAF Commands 1939 - 1945
Don't know if this helps or hinders.