Post your guitar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Quite some members of the forum play or have played guitar. As a guitar freak myself, I would be very interested in pics. Here are mine:
1. 1982 Aria XR electric series, my first one. Not a bad guitar, but the others are better and I hate the wiggle stick :)
2. My favorite, 1997 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Gem Sapphire. P90 singlecoils, nothing sounds quite like it.
3. My newest, Fender Mex Tele. Quite nice, I needed some twang and this one has it.

Attachments

• PB030002.JPG
    PB030002.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,224
  • PB040006.JPG
    PB040006.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 1,220
props for the gibson marcel! although not a guitar player, I do find them quite interesting and someday when I do learn to play I would either love a gibson SG or a gibson les paul custom. (yes I am a gibson man! :))

Me at Metal Festival last year, with my first bass: Ibanez Bass SoundGear Gio Series - 4s ACTIVE.

Edd.jpg

My new BEAST,. Ordered all the way from UK

My B.C.Rich Beast.jpg

Me and friend having a jam, he gave me the Washburn, when he moved to UK. I since clean it up, replaced the pickups. Really lovely little guitar, screams beautifully

Half  Edd.jpg

edd

props for the gibson marcel! although not a guitar player, I do find them quite interesting and someday when I do learn to play I would either love a gibson SG or a gibson les paul custom. (yes I am a gibson man! :))

Me too. But I must admit, start to like the Fender as well, although you can tel it's the less expensive guitar by the playability.

I haven't played in a while with a job, a booming photo business and kids, but here are two of mine (I have 6, my wife has 2). The strat is a 1957 reissue, now 16 years old, and was my weapon of choice. The other picture is my Ibanez Artcore. I always wanted a hollow-body electric and a few years ago was able to get this one.

I also have a Fender 6 string Dreadnaught acoustic, a Vantage 12 string acoustic, Ibanez 12 string acoustic and a vantage electric I call "The Beast". I gutted "The Beast" sanded it down to the bare wood, re-stained it before hopping up the electronics and throwing in a DiMarzio Fred double coil (same pickup as Joe Satriani). I need to get some pics of the others.

Attachments

• P0000553edit.jpg
    P0000553edit.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,187
  • newGuitar1.jpg
    newGuitar1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,067
My latest guitar is in peices yet so no pictures. Am building a Dreadnought 6 string acoustic, but have reached a standstill in the building process until I can get a huge amount of clamps and get my bandsaw up and running again.
Previous guitars were a Ibanez Strat clone (weak pickups) and Les Paul Custom (should have never sold that one), a DeArmond X-155, and a Ibanez Artcore.
Hoping to build a Les Paul or ES-335 clone when the acoustic is done, then maybe a home made Fender Deluxe Tube amp clone once that is done.

Nice list, Eric and I like the hair :)

I forgot to mention my Washburn D97 Limited edition accoustic guitar. Haven't played it for ages and I don't have any digital pictures.

Those are some projects, Bucky. For the LP/ES-335, are you going to use parts from Gibson or are you going to build them from scratch? I guess these arch tops can be quite difficult to make.

Parts from scratch. 335's as I understand it had a pressed board top (plywood) and is pressed onto form braces on this inside of the guitar bosy so it is a bit easier than carving a top. Would really like to tackle that job, but bending the sides scares me a bit.
Les Paul clone might be a bit simpler overall other than carving the top. And with me I'd have to have the most fancy Flamed Maple top so the thought of ruining an expensive piece of wood is intimidating. Will have to practive on a piece of cheap maple the first time. These projects are well into the future though if they ever come about at all?

The sound on the Atrcore is really nice. Great tone unplugged. When you plug it in, though, it is gold. I was playing around with it in the store and the salesguy said "Follow me". He set me down in front of an amp and plugged me in. It was love. Great tone and the price is really unbelievable. I think I paid around $400 for mine, brand new. After seeing the ES on the wall and the price, I figured the Artcore would be similar in price. I was floored when I saw the price tag, figured it was a mistake and asked. It was right.

The Artcore series was a great value. Hard to beat for the price. I had the 335 copy for a while and it was very nice. Would have been even better with some nice aftermarket pickups in it.
Hope to get some work done on the Acoustic the next couple weeks, will post some pics of the body when I get the top and back glued in place. After that the hard work starts, routing perfling and binding channels and fitting the fretboard and neck....

I'll post my 3 soon. Having a slightly mental break at the moment, VCE music burned me out a bit ( i was doing 8 hours of practise a day )

I have a superb S series Ibanez with maple and mahogany body with wizard II neck ( fast! )

1958 (reissue) Epiphone Explorer in black with hot red decals

Valencia Classical guitar ( played it so much theres divets in the fret board :lol:

Currently after a nice strat with maple freboard in tobacco burst. Also a new amp.

oh and SHRED TILL YA DEAD \M/

I should have learned how to play the guitar in high school instead of the saxaphone!

Maybe I would be playing a real one instead of air guitar.... :oops:

Attachments

• Air_Guitar_Sher.jpg
    Air_Guitar_Sher.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 184
haha so wrong, his bicep is flexed on his left arm definately not the correct playing style :lol: Looks like a power chord with a seventh lmfao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back