Praga E-51 Czech G.1?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Does anyone know the story of this type? It looks like a Czech Fokker G.1 clone, but is it? Most info I found, I cannot read as it is in Czech or Slovanian.
Praga%20E-51%20post.jpg

Hi Marcel,

there´s really not too much info on Praga E-51 but yes, the main designer ing. Šlechta was inspired by Fokker G.1
First fligt on May 26,1938.
Small comparison is here AirMuseum, can you use any online translator? Should you have some questions, just ask me...
Germans examinated it during occupation but stopped the project because of already existing FW189...

No, it was confiscated by the Germans after the occupation of Czechoslovakia in 1939 and it was then tested by German engineers. End of story.

Thanks Pisis, it's an interesting aircraft, that's for sure. It looks so much like the G.1. Even the Czech roundels look like the Dutch ones.
What does 'Tento prototyp ještě létal s třídílným křídlem a střeleckou věží na zádi trupu.' mean? Google translation makes a mess of that one. And what does 'jako třepetání ocasních ploch' mean? Vibrating tail?

Last edited:
Yeah, we all know these online robot translators might get nuts sometimes, innit? :D

'Tento prototyp ještě létal s třídílným křídlem a střeleckou věží na zádi trupu.'

- This prototpye still flew with a three-parted wing and a gun turret at the end of the fuselage.

"'jako třepetání ocasních ploch"
- exactly.lit. "Such as vibrating tail parts"

Hope this helps!
Pisis

try this site
1000 aircraft photos

once in it click the letter for the company then scroll down list for 'type"

Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back