President Trump speech in Poland

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
V2 even discussion of NATO and the EU is political. A year ago we were assured that an EU army was a fantasy, now it has its headquarters. I have a sickening feeling of deja ju about all this.
Give me an example in which contemporary conflict is the involvement the EU army. This EU can't defend Europe from the flood of immigrants from Africa. At headquarters they can only talk endlessly and I'm afraid they can not defend Europe.

Definition of political

1. 1a : of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of governmentb : of, relating to, or concerned with the making as distinguished from the administration of governmental policy

2. 2 : of, relating to, involving, or involved in politics and especially party politics

3. 3 : organized in governmental terms political units

4. 4 : involving or charged or concerned with acts against a government or a political system political prisoners

It will be a matter for the mods to decide, but I would say this thread is a political thread. The real question is whether is has, or is likely to, generate disputes as to the positions it takes and whether there is any relevance to air related matters.

Unfortunately, I think there is high potential for disagreement to develop from this thread. Plus I am of the opinion that the relevance to air matters, or historical conflicts is a bit too tenuous.

Unfortunately, we as members, including me, have in the past displayed a little too emotion for us to handle political debates.

Don't be surprised if this thread gets closed.

.... and would it be 'too political' if it were September, 1939 and we were discussing Poland????

Civilized men can discuss politics without being mean or turning any discussion into mud-wrestling.

The 3 Seas alliance of which Poland is an active pillar is completely understandable in this post cold war climate.

..... motivation is critical for self defense. The EU has the interests of France, Germany, The Netherlands, Italy Belgium and Britain (pending Brexit). These nations lack the motivation to be proactive in their defense in contrast to 3 Seas alliance.

As France demonstrated in May, 1940 .... the bigger you are the harder you fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back