Prinz Eugen article with dive pictures... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi everyone!

When I joined up a few days ago and introduced myself, several people expressed interest in underwater pictures of the Prinz Eugen. I recently wrote an article on this ship, and it was published in the January 2007 newsletter for IPMS Seattle. The newsletter is a 1.1mb .pdf file, and can be downloaded at this link-

http://www.ipms-seattle.org/newsletters/2007Newsletters/2007January40.pdf

The PE article begins on page 3. The dive pics I took, that are included in the article, are a few of my best over several dives of the wreck.

Enjoy! :)

Dan

Thank you very much on your post and the article on the Prinz Eugen. I have particular interest in this ship. My father was chief quatermaster who guided the Prinz Eugen from Boston, Philadelphia, through the Paanama Canal down to the Marshall Islands. I have some artifacts from the ship. Namely, the ships compass and the Captains clock. After seeing your photos, I couldnt help to think but "nice parking job Dad!" Dad joined USN in 39 and rolled through the ranks quickly to achieve the youngest Chief Petty Officer in the USN at age 21. He passsed away in 92 but left us several photos including him with the German crew and the things mentioned above. I hope someday to have the opportunity to dive the ship. I would welcome any comments you have.
Doc Rock

Hi everyone!

When I joined up a few days ago and introduced myself, several people expressed interest in underwater pictures of the Prinz Eugen. I recently wrote an article on this ship, and it was published in the January 2007 newsletter for IPMS Seattle. The newsletter is a 1.1mb .pdf file, and can be downloaded at this link-

http://www.ipms-seattle.org/newsletters/2007Newsletters/2007January40.pdf

The PE article begins on page 3. The dive pics I took, that are included in the article, are a few of my best over several dives of the wreck.

Enjoy! :)

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back