Problem running 1946

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

zell65

Recruit
Dec 30, 2007
I have heard of a problem related to playing sturmovik 1946 on a DVD-RW. It's said that secuROM has a conflict with dvd writers. If this is true, how can i get around it, b/c secuROM keeps timing out on the disk authentication, then tells me to use the original disk, however I am using the original. I've seen plenty of people playing it with DVD-RW's so how are they doing it??

:mad: I came here for some help, and I want some now! I could even attach a picture with the box, cd w/e next to my username on a piece of paper. Is that enough proof or should I go on?

Hey man, no need to be angry. You want?:shock: You wont get anywere with an attitude like that!
But I'm a nice guy so I'll explain: you were writing about a CD RW, which in my language is a disk that you can burn on, erase and burn again, you know what I mean? I figured that you wanted a save copy of the original and use that instead of the original. Which is usually very understandable. In this case it isn't as the copy protection of Ill2 is very good and you'll need a cracked version to have a save copy. Hence my comment.

So, in future if you want help, you can ask it nicely and don't demand it as it pisses me of!

what I mean is the drive is a DVD-RW, not the disk. I think my problem seems to be related to SecuROM automatically locking me out because I have the dvd in a drive that can also write dvds. I don't really understand it and that's why I need the help of this forum please! I don't need a copy, I just want to play:(

P.S. the game has run a few times, but its rare.

Okay, I have this game just running fine on my DVD writer. So I don't think the file protection can see if you have a writer or not. What error message do you get exactly? Have you tried and reinstall the game? Are you sure the DVD itself is not broken (scratches etc.)?

Later added:
Just found this link, did you read/try this?
IL2 Sturmovik 1946 and DVD-Drives - Topic Powered by eve community

I had a similar problem with 1946, earlier IL-2 sims. In my case after installation, it would simply not launch. A spinning disk icon would appear then nothing. I took advice from the IL-2 website downloaded the 1946 patch, which I applied. Then it ran. To restate it would not run with out the patch. This may not help with the "secricom" failure to recognise disk. (I had that problem, (failing to recognise the damn disk I just bought!) with IL-2 Pacific Fighters. I used a patch to run sims with the CD rom. I don't think this is an option with 1946. )

I suspect with my problems with IL-2 Pac Fighters were caused by having a CD DVD cloning program on my PC.... the Sim detected it I guess, because it installed ran ok after I did a lot of work removing the copying software (things like CD-Clone, Alcohol etc). ( "Shrink" is OK) .

I thought it a bit rough that out of the box software needed a download update ... pity any one on a dial up line.
Good luck, and I understand your frustration!! But it is a great sim.

thanks for the link to that thread, looks like the same problem hope it works:greenjumpers:

ignore this double post, but thanks so much for the help wilbur you have solved all my problems:birdman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back