Problem With Ads

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Anybody having any problem with the ads that load on the forum? There is one in particular which - although it might be my PC dying - is starting to get me p!ssed! I load a page, start reading and then this Bing ad with a search engine reloads and brings me to the top of the page! If I'm reading a post at the bottom of the page, it shoots me to the top, to the ad!! It does the same while I'm posting too which ends up with me submitting whatever I'm writing on the search window!!!

Just wondering if its the ad or my PC.

That's what I've been getting when I've called it 'page jumping'. Every time any ad loads, the bl**dy page shoots to the top, whether I'm typing a reply, viewing a post, or scrolling down. Very irritating !
I've got an ad blocker for other functions, but it doesn't seem to want to play on the forum site.

IE?

Well I think its my PC. Does anybody know, did they make an upgrade from Windows 95?

It is most assuredly not your PC. Bing ads have been playing havoc at the SimHQ forums too. They have blocked them a couple of times on different domains to try to stop them from being seen. On the SimHQ forums the Bing ads are taking the persons mouse to the bottom of the page where the ads are located. You have no control over it and it is very annoying indeed.
I would supply a link but the complaints are in one of their hidden forums, Site Feedback and Suggestions. Unless you are registered you won't see it.

Wheels

Anybody having any problem with the ads that load on the forum?

Just wondering if its the ad or my PC.
Just downloaded and ran Spybot Search and Destroy - it's free
problem seems to have gone but I'll keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back