ProModeller/Accurate Miniatures Helldiver

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From what I've seen of Accurate Miniatures kits, and using my Avenger as an example, I'd say it should be bl**dy good! However, have a read of the thread by Sweb, concerning fit issues and such on an AM kit. I've had a few problems, and I know Chris had some with the fit, or more correctly, the method of fit, on his Dauntless. I have to admit though, I think this is more due to having to adapt techniques, due to the way the kits have been designed and engineered to obtain and maintain scale accuracy. Hence their name I suppose Accurate Miniatures!

Ah, me neither, apart from the Revell/Monogram 'Pro Modeller' Bf110. If it's 1997, it shouldn't be too bad. The last 1/48th scale Helldiver I experienced was about 43 years ago! It was the original Monogram kit, with folding wings, sliding canopies, retracting gear and opening bomb doors etc! Putting aside some of the gimmicks, for the time it was very good, and I vaguley remember removing such things as the tabs that were moulded on to help open the landing gear and on, and adding detail to make a very nice model. I doubt very much that it'll be that kit though!
I saw a review of a 1/48th Helldiver not too long ago, with a photo build, and it looked very good. If the reviews you've seen are encouraging, and the price aint 'stupid', then go for it.

After looking into it a bit more, it is indeed from '97 or perhaps even after, as it was announced in '97. I'm looking at a few, one of which is in my province! He's charging $15 for shipping though, which is preposterous and he doesn't seem to want to budge. There's another one I'm watching that ends in a few days that's a great deal, so if that gets stupid or I lose, I'll get the one from the guy here in Alberta, so I have options!

Are these the 'Pro Modeller' that were in partnership with, had something to do with, or became Accurate Miniatures? It's the same sort of time period when Accurate Miniatures caused a stir with their new kits, setting extremly high standards of detail and finesse. Not to be confused with the Revell/Monogram 'Pro Modeller' series.

I'd go for it mate. That old Monogram one I mentioned could still be good today, and that was a 1960's kit! It might be based on that kit, but with the 'Pro modeller' tag, it'll be a heck of a lot better, or might even be an Accurate Miniatures moulding, under the Revell/Monogram 'Pro Modeller' flag. Whicehever, it sounds worth it. Big beastie too, from what I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back