Propeller Identification

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

agent4280

Recruit
Jan 27, 2023
My Grandmother had this wooden propeller in her garage for as long as I can remember. Years ago before she passed she told me that I cold have it. It has been sitting in my attic for probably 10 years or so. She lived in Mamaroneck, NY, but I'm not sure if that is where it originally came from and I have very little information on how it wound up in her garage. I've looked around the internet but haven't been able to find any information on it. It is approximately 7' tall, made of a dark wood with some type of metal on the edges that has a patina look to it. The center hub has 8 symmetrical holes around it. The only identifying marks I can find on it is a date of May 11, 1920 and (Pat'd no 1339386 or 1339886). I have attached photos for your reference. If you need more pictures let me know. Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help me out.

Garrett

Attachments

• IMG_8850.jpg
    IMG_8850.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8854.jpg
    IMG_8854.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8926.jpg
    IMG_8926.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8927.jpg
    IMG_8927.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 30
If a magnet sticks to it, the metal tipping is zinc-coated steel called terne plate. The sheathing is held in place by screws and rivets, the heads floated with solder, and smoothed. See attached.

Attachments

• Metal Tipping Propellers Air Circular 246 (2).pdf
    2 MB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back