Queen's diamond jubilee flypasts- AWESOME!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Eric. My daughter is at University in London, and sent me some shots she took this last weekend, over the main Jubilee celebrations, showing the BBMF and Red Arrows and, considering the poor light, and the fact she's never done ground to air before, I have to say, they're not bad at all. I'll post them here if that would be OK?

Thanks for posting the link Eric. As you say, some great formation work by the guys !.

Highlights for me....watching the poor old Chinook having be reigned in for the flyby...the Chinook is the fastest...yes you heard right !...the fastest chopper in our fleet and even has to throttle back when playing games with the slower Apache gunships, the great sounding BBMF (shame the Hurricane wasn't included) and of course, the Queen of the skies, the venerable vickers VC10

Here's my daughter's pics from Tuesday - with the Hurricane this time Gary. Not a bad effort considering the lighting conditions, and her first attempt at ground to air.

Attachments

• Josie Jub pic.jpg
    Josie Jub pic.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Josie Jub 6A.jpg
    Josie Jub 6A.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Josie Jub 3A.jpg
    Josie Jub 3A.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 135
Yeah, I was trying to figure out if one 'Herc' was towing the other, or if the rear one was pushing the front one !
Those Herc jockeys really know how to handle those big babies, as you and I both know!

I agree there, especially for the BBMF. They have very strict guidelines for CAV, and won't normally fly in rain, the latter mainly for preservation of the props.

Great pics and video, thanks Terry and Evan. Loved the "60" and "ER" formations. And thanks England for the red-white-and blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back