Question on reflector sights (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WizArd

Recruit
Dec 5, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a CG-cockpit of the Bf 109 F. I found quite alot reference for the gun sight (Revi C12/C, I guess), even a manual with schematic drawings concerning the optical system. My problem is, I can't seem to get the projection effect on the reflector glass working. I tried a variety of materials, with fresnel reflection, without etc.
My question is: Is the reflector glass somehow treated with any kind of coating? (like beam splitters usually are)

I am really depressed about this whole project because I can't seem to get it working :(

Thanks in advance

WizArd

Edit: Sorry, I was a bit fast with posting and ended up in the wrong topic, I fear. :/

Last edited:
So, your problem is that you can´t get a a "real" reflective surface into your CG world. In 3d Studio it is made easy using the proper material (plane mirror or something alike, as I remember). I assume that you make your tests with a simple glass and light source, so the rendering time is the shortest. My advice, if I understood the problem, don´t waste your time investigating about the real Revi, look for a good tutorial about reflective mirror in the web and apply it to your model.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back