Question... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
Would you all mind if I made a thread in here with a start to finish build where me and my six year old build a plane? It's not a WW2 plane. It's a snap together Harrier. I will be the assistant and 95% of the work will be done by his hands.

Is a jet build okay to do in here? I thought it would be interesting to see a start to finish build done by a six year old.

Tom

There is not a problem, Tom. Although the forum is for WW2 aviation mostly these modern planes are welcome too. Each thread that can show other guys here your path for modelamaking is fine.

Bring it on! I love it when we have new modellers introduced. Tell your son that Mr. C (ccheese) just built his first plastic model too and Mr. C is over 70 years older than your son! How cool is that! :cool:

And of course Jan has to have adult supervision when modelling, as he's not supposed to use sharp objects .....

The decals on this model are crap. Factory offset and ruined. I do have British insignias so no drama. I'm not sure a two toned camo is the best. Does anyone know of a more simpler color scheme?

Depends on the mark of harrier I think Tom.

AFAIK, the Mk.Is and GR.3s had two tone wraparound, or two tone upper and light grey lower, but the later versions have/ had modern 'one tone fits all' schemes.

Great idea posting the build with your son too. Glenn and his son did the same for the Cold war GB. :thumbright:

Harrier GR3 scheme from late 1970s onward was Dark Green and Dk Sea Grey wrap around, final scheme for the GR9 was overall Camouflage Grey, previously Medium Sea Grey with Dark Sea Grey uppers.

Attachments

• Harrier 068.jpg
    Harrier 068.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 51
  • New Harrier build 330.jpg
    New Harrier build 330.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back