r-4360 and r-985 teaser (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

robwkamm

Airman 1st Class
Mar 2, 2010
fair Lawn NJ
here are a few pics of my 985 sitting in my office and the r-4360 zero time in the can. i need to take it out and get going on it. thought you guys might like them.

Attachments

• 2 531.jpg
    2 531.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 354
  • 2 535.jpg
    2 535.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 2 539.jpg
    2 539.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 346
Yeah you have to get lots of stuff to run a canned engine, saying nothing about the ways and means to lift it out of it.
Fun stuff, and lots of work. You'll need to build a good stand, purchase the various accessories, all the lines and plumbing, oil and fuel tanks, controls, instruments and the list goes on. QEC's have all thats needed to run the engine, but no controls, instruments, and fuel tank or booster pump. And cowling to boot. The hoses are not cheap.

I hear that. i found a prop, starter , oil tank, cooler , all hoses already. i really need a thrailer or im going to buy a old pick up truck and make it into a test stand. my neighbors are going to hate me even more.

Attachments

• 4360.jpg
    4360.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 4360-1.jpg
    4360-1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 292
I don't think you will like the old pickup idea. Best to build a special trailer for it, will look better and stronger.
Are you going to free hang it like on a wing? Or support at the front too?

I found mine on barnstormers.com. he has another one (its in texas) in the can . its a -4 i think. im going the trailer route. i have the prop now at the shop. its a 43e60 of a dc-6. collecting parts is the fun part. if you want more info on the one for sale ,pm me. i know of as cheap r -1830 needing work for sale in ny.

If it was from Gary Austin, Retro aviation, I don't think its there anymore. Gary is dead, and his estate I think is pretty much sold now. Not sure though.

yea the -4 was his. the guy handleing the estate sale of the airplane stuff is a really nice guy . its sad what happened down there.it was still there 2-3 weeks ago. so who knows. i saw some pics of what was there. cool engines in the field all apart and rotten. some nose cases and what not. i was a kid in a candy store when i saw the pics. to bad there so far from me or i would have gone down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back