R/C plane 400 Mph

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay assuming a SR-71 "type" fuselage, that looks to be about... what... 1/32nd scale (give or take)? That makes for a scale speed of about 400 x 32 = 12,800mph. Cripes!!! :shock:

If you messed up your navigation and that went into the crowd, it certainly would kill somebody. Cut em right in half.

Awesome specially when you realise this footage was made somewhere in Holland, one of the densest populated area's of Europe with a matching severe legislation. Wouldn't want one of those flying through my bedroom window ;)

Very impressive and the controller had best have very good eyes but I am a skeptic when people claim high speeds for small objects. where did they get the 400mph from? radar gun? at 400mph we have 587 ft/s or in 3 sec that thing has covered 1764 ft. do a climbing turn for 3 sec and the plane is over 2500ft from the controller or almost half a mile. I'm not RC but is that a reasonable range for a transmitter?

Lesof, I can't argue with you because I have no experience with RC except my little helo and that's fast, for me, at least to control. Human reaction time is about .5s on average so somehere around 300ft or a football field covered before you could even think to react.
I have a friend who owns a Hyabusa which is supposed to top out at 180mph. I got it up to about 160 before i pulled the plug. Utility pole were a picket fence. so i don't know, like to see radar data before i buy 400mph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back