R/C plane 400 Mph

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Radar data? That's your deal killer? How about just admitting you can't handle such a lovely bird. :toothy5:

It is very nicely done and moves like a bat out of h*ll and I'd crash it into the ground 1sec after take off or loose it after 2 sec, freely admitted. I still crash my little helo. I'm a pessimist about high speed claims

To be honest Mike, 400mph to me is probably exaggerated to some point, but Ive compared it to videos I have of our planes goin 120-140mph and that thing up above is going easily 3x as fast....

Lemme post one up so u guys can kinda compare...

First clip was clocked at 82mph, the second at 115mph...

The third??? Well, lets just say that boys will be boys when alchohol is involved lol... I have a nice 3inch scar on my left forearm that proves just how stupid the last video truly is...

Attachments

• RADAR 82mph.AVI
    9.6 MB · Views: 75
  • RADAR 115mph.AVI
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
  • tards2.AVI
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Well I see what you mean Dan the 115 you could watch still.Where are you guys flying at?back in the day it use to Kennedy Engine but not since Katrina.

I did a little searching on R/C sites and they talk about several planes that do between 200 and 300mph, including gliders using dynamic soaring. Dynamic soaring is using the wind on the backside of a hill. They dive through the shear layer and get pushed by the air coming back up the hill, then back up through the sheer layer in a climbing turn, the air coming over the slope pushes then and the arc over and dive back through the sheer layer. They're in a consant turn and basically are getting pushed with a tailwind. They build up energy and can end up flying much faster than the wind speed.

The world record for dynamic soaring is 392mph set last year. Remember, this is with NO ENGINE!!! This is a great video as it shows how dynamic soaring works.
World's Fastest R/C Plane Hits 392MPH--With No Engine | Popular Science

However, the world record for a R/C jet is 345.23 set on 1/17/2010
New World Record for Fastest RC Jet!

That last record breaking jet looked more like the 400mph video.
Les, the 82mph actually looked faster to me than the 115. are your jets actual fuel powered turbines or the "ducted fans" (if I have that term correct)
Thor, those sail planes were unreal the wing loading must be fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back