R1082 Radio Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
R1082 Radio Manual used on British Aircraft such as the Wellington and Stirling Bombers before being replaced by the R1155 radio.

DjVu needed to see document.

Enjoy

Attachments

• r1082.rar
    504.3 KB · Views: 298
You know - I was thinking... it's just a radio - what the heck would you need a manual for. So I figured I'd download the manual to see what it was about.

My goodness - it makes you really appreciate the radios we have today. I guess that is why those old birds had a radio operator...

You know - I was thinking... it's just a radio - what the heck would you need a manual for. So I figured I'd download the manual to see what it was about.

My goodness - it makes you really appreciate the radios we have today. I guess that is why those old birds had a radio operator...

Its really something to see in some of the old totally restored bombers. Your right though, it does make you appreciate today's technology.

My story how I aquired one of these radio's might be of interest?

I agree, it's really great to be able to read the R1082 manual!!!!

As a lifelong collector of WW2 RAF Radio's to have owned a fully working
R1082 that I was given 45 years ago, very special indeed!!
I had always wanted to find the matching T1083 transmitter, But it was an almost imposible rare item for me to find. Scanning E Bay one day I found one for sale with 7 days until the auction ended with a price of £100 pounds.
In the last few minutes the bidding rose past £500 and continued to rise, finally stopping at nearly £900 Pounds!! As the lucky winner of the auction, The T1083 was sent to me a few days later!!
Now at long last my R1082 receiver has been reunited with it's matching Transmitter for the first time in 66 years.
Ginger247

My story how I aquired one of these radio's might be of interest?

I agree, it's really great to be able to read the R1082 manual!!!!

As a lifelong collector of WW2 RAF Radio's to have owned a fully working
R1082 that I was given 45 years ago, very special indeed!!
I had always wanted to find the matching T1083 transmitter, But it was an almost imposible rare item for me to find. Scanning E Bay one day I found one for sale with 7 days until the auction ended with a price of £100 pounds.
In the last few minutes the bidding rose past £500 and continued to rise, finally stopping at nearly £900 Pounds!! As the lucky winner of the auction, The T1083 was sent to me a few days later!!
Now at long last my R1082 receiver has been reunited with it's matching Transmitter for the first time in 66 years.
Ginger247

Hello Ginger

Would you have a T1083 Manual in PDF form?

regards

Mark Pilkington

Users who are viewing this thread

Back