RAF Museum appeal over Polish pilots tribute

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its sad how the contributions of ANY of the Polish forces get overlooked. Everyone tends to remember (or are "encouraged" to remember) that the British held the Germans off, the US came in and cleaned house, and the Russians punished the Germans in Berlin. The Poles were some incredible warriors, on the ground and in the air! :salute:

Not really. I think anyone with an interest in the subject here in the UK is fully aware of the contribution made by foreign pilots. It may not be widely known in the USA though.

Very true.

Also dont forget the Polish brigades that fought at Normandy and at Cassino!

And in North Africa and in Norway and in many other places but there's also the Armia Krajowa (Home Army) a Polish underground army, around 400000 soldiers...

If anyone is more interested here's a lot of info:

Polish contribution to World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the above link I especially recommend the table showing some numbers of sabotage and diversionary actions.

All I know as being part Polish I'm proud as hell of what they accomplished in ww2 and in present moments also.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back