RAF Museum Cosford changes.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
With the preparations for the forthcoming up-date and 're-modelling' of the RAFM Hendon underway, some aircraft are being moved to the second RAFM site, at RAF Cosford, Shropshire.
The resident Catalina at Cosford has already been moved to temporary display outside (new accommodation is planned for it, and other exhibits), and the Gnat F1, Venom FB4 and Pucara have been put into the storage facility on the airfield.

Moving from Hendon to Cosford are the Messerschmitt Bf109G-2, Defiant Mk1, Ju88R-1, Gladiator MkI and Tiger Moth MkII.
The last remaining Special Duties Lysander III will be moving from Hendon to the Conservation Center at Cosford, where the fabric covering will be carefully replaced over the next couple of years.

Given that the above aircraft are displayed in the same way as the others at Cosford, then this is good news for enthusiasts, and especially photographers, as the display and lighting at Cosford is far superior to the dingy, 'arty farty' disgrace that currently presides at Hendon.

I got a few with the little Fuji camera Andy, but due to the lighting, the quality is very poor.

Yes, all except the Lysander will be on display. As for how long, it looks like fairly long-term, given the 'arty farty' plans for Hendon, but if I find out more, I'll post the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back