Rafale M 1/144 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

net_sailor

Senior Airman
Nov 2, 2006
Elbląg/Poland
www.dws.org.pl
Another 1/144 scale kit. I use modified Revell kit (upgraded from prototype version to production aircraft), Trumpeter fuel tanks and Syhart decals with Tigermeet 2014 painting.
rafale%2Bm_%2B019_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B030_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B031_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B034_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B035_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B036_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B040_.jpg

rafale%2Bm_%2B042_.jpg

I agree with Jim !
I would hardly be able to see it, let alone build and paint it !
Very well done indeed !

Thanks for your comments.
I know the 1/144 is not popular as 1/72 or 1/48 scales. The current "new tool" model kits are quite detailed and comparable with 1/72 kits. Another advantages are many decals options available. The Syhart decals are excellent quality - about 50 markings and stencils were applied on this kit. That makes good impression.

Generally I follow with two rules:
1. 1/144 scale models are as other scale kits - if you feel something should be detailed, changed or corrected just do it!
2. There is no place for mistakes. Any error will be multiplied by 144! So, if building or painting goes wrong start again, again and... again. For example the fuel tanks were washed and painted 3 times.

Two examples of corrections. ECM equipment (scribed bay for flares, extension for chaff added):
rafale%2Bm%2B016_.jpg

Fuel tanks (panel lines corrections, raised lines were made cause of welded tank):
rafale%2Bm%2B041_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back