Range of Fw-190 and specifically Fw-190A5/u8 with 2 drop tanks (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For the starters, you might want to go to the wwiiaircraftperformance.com, and check out the data for the Fw-190 types there.

Thank you. I've been looking at wwiiaircraftperformance now for a couple of years. I don't read German and most of what I've seen has been for level speed and other performance characteristics, stuff besides range figures. But, I checked it again because of the suggestion above and found one German language page about the Fw-190A-3 that covered range. Range with internal fuel of 515 liters of "Kraftstoff" at several different speeds and altitudes and with the 515 liters of internal fuel plus a 300 liter abwurfbehalter, which I found out means drop tank, at different speeds and altitudes. But I still don't have info on the A5/U8 with two 300 liter drop tanks. Not exactly a long range aircraft, was it? Fuel consumption of the BMW 801D must have been excessive.

As far as I can make out from Dietmar Hermann's book - Focke Wulf Fw190 F und G the range was 1650km
Hope this helps:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back