Ranking of brands?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VALENGO

Senior Airman
Hi all, a question about aircraft, WW2, 1/48 or 1/32: where can I see any ranking of quality of main brands in the market?. Old giants like Hasegawa and others have today new competitors?. (I´ve spended many years recycling old models )

I don't think such a 'ranking' exists. This is possibly due to the fairly frequent 'Badge Engineering', where a particular kit might be re-boxed under a different company's name, for example, former Hasegawa Bf109K under the Revell lable.
Also, even in a particular manufacturer's product line, there can be variations in quality, fit, accuracy etc. Some might produce what, in general terms, is a good, nicely detailed kit, but might have a reputation, overall, for fit problems, accuracy, or inflated retail price. It's probably easier, and better, to search out individual kt reviews for a particular subject/scale.

Thanks for the reply, Airframes. Well, as in the old times, it is still a matter of trial and error. I have seen an offer for a Hasegawa 1/32 Focke Wulf 190 at a suspicious low price; that´s the reason for I wonder how is the market today. If I decide to buy, will post a report.

It could well be the old (1970s) kit, which is still pretty good. It's boxed as a FW190A8, although I seem to recall that there were optional parts. However, it didn't have the upper or lower wing bulges for the outboard cannons, which is easily taken care of, and the seat isn't very accurate. Still builds into a nice model though, and can easily be corrected and detailed. I've still got the one I built in 1978 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back