Raptor vs Eurofighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Instal

Airman
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria BC
I have a friend in the USAF that tells me that that the raptor would eat a Eurofighter for lunch. While I think that MAY be true he went on to say that the Eurofighter is no match for a F15!!!! Is it true that a 30 some year old aircraft is a better plane than the Eurofighter?

The Eurofighter will eat up a F-15 EASILY!

The Eurofighter Raptor are equal in everything if you ask me, except the Raptor is supposed to have a smaller radar profile.

Well I looked recently on wikipedia and compared them...the Raptor is much faster and personally I also like how it looks but the Eurofighter has its strengths.

Eurofighter has the goods on the Eagle. The Raptor is the top notch but then it costs more...so should be.

Thrust vectoring and stealth for the win.

A Eurofighter should have the win over an F-15 because it is newer technology and a next generation fighter.

The F-22 however owns all in my opinion. As Basket pointed out Stealth and Thrust Vectoring give it an advantage over the Eurofighter.

whom do they plan to fight, i wonder? i think there will always be somebody who sooner or later wants to take a crack at the usa, but whose ticked at the eurounion right now?

dj

I think the only threat that is viable to the EU at the moment is Iran and only because they too see the problem with Iran getting nuclear weapons.

Russia however could become another threat to the West and Europe will become the front for that if it happens again.

Well since the russians started flying their bombers again I think is fair for us europeans to greet them with new technology :D

I left myself way open for that one

Oui.

Looks like the Japanese are playing a poliitcal game. They announced that they will buy Typhoons if they can't get F-22s. Now that should be interesting. That would topple the US monopoly for the JSDF.

Also, remember the F-15 has the largest physical size radome able to accomodate the largest aperature AESA. With a modernized weapon system, F-15Cs and F-15Es are being equipped with Raytheon AESAs now that would provide a VERY formidable adversary for even the most modern of fighters. Don't understimate an aircraft based solely upon the antiquity of the airframe. That is not where the technological advantages have been occurring in the last 10-15 years. The airframe and propulsion wars of the 70s-80s are gone.

Oui.

Looks like the Japanese are playing a poliitcal game. They announced that they will buy Typhoons if they can't get F-22s. Now that should be interesting. That would topple the US monopoly for the JSDF.

Also, remember the F-15 has the largest physical size radome able to accomodate the largest aperature AESA. With a modernized weapon system, F-15Cs and F-15Es are being equipped with Raytheon AESAs now that would provide a VERY formidable adversary for even the most modern of fighters. Don't understimate an aircraft based solely upon the antiquity of the airframe. That is not where the technological advantages have been occurring in the last 10-15 years. The airframe and propulsion wars of the 70s-80s are gone.

Many don't understand that Matt

The F-15E is not getting an AESA system, it's only the C model to be equipped with the AN/APG-63. I have to put out that the Typhoon is to be equipped with AMSAR which is a AESA; and will be ready by 2010.

I know that F-16 and F-18 models are also getting AESA; while the F-22 has the most up to date AN/APG-77 (I think) with a 120 degree field of vision and no moving parts.

The F-35 is going to use a newer version but I can't remember it's designation and I can't be bothered to google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back