Rare Aviation films/newsreels

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CharlesBronson

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 11, 2005
Cordoba - Argentina
With the recent restoration and digitalization of film archives by many european countries there are now many sources to watch WW1 videos wich until recently were very much unknown, I created this topic for posting and talking about the (in my view) most interesting clips and parts of that films..

something for a start, Hermann Göring at his Fokker DV, 1918. Notice the telescopic gunsight.

These films are just wonderful :thumbright:Thank you for starting this thread. What kind of aircraft is it that Richthoven has shot down?
Best regards
Tony

Nice video.

Did I see Herman on the left in the scene with the pilots?

Notice the priming of the cylinders with fuel before start up.

What is the object of the wing at ~1:00?

It's one of these; it's an airspeed indicator, the wee vane turns and provides pressure in the valve, which moves the needle.

Airspeed%20indicator_zps8urcz4jm.jpg

This one's off an Albatros D Va. (Fxxking Photobucket won't allow me to edit the image by putting it the right way round.)

Last edited:
Good morning, Happy revolution day for everyone, I found this clips, can anyone indentify this old string birds.

Great videos - i din't know the one with von Richthofen even existed.

Thanks, they always put a glimpse of that in WW1 documentaries, but the secuence is much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back