Raymond F. Toliver - RIP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
I just read that Raymond F. Toliver passed away. Col. Toliver (Ret.) wrote countless books on WW2 and did a great job in organizing reunions between allied and German WW2 fighter pilots. His book "Fighter Aces of the Luftwaffe" will always be one of my favorites.

Rest in peace Colonel! :salute:

I have an original horrido, and at the time it was a classic,...now it is old and warped news. I have misgivings as the Colonel and I could not connect by phone or mail due to him being "too busy" ........... yeah right

RIP bub

I knew Toliver. I talked to him a number of times. I wrote to him, as well. I put him in touch with a couple of the German aces. Borchers, and I believe the other was Dickfeld, but not sure. He promised to give me a letter from Baer, but never quite found it.

Had a crazy idea once to bring "Blonde knight of germany." to cinema. Unfortunatly I'm no wheeler dealer, and a poor writer to boot. Yet he had me over gave me two copies of the book (one signed.)and chewed ideas about my plan for a couple hrs, all from one cold call to him. the guy was a real soul.
God bless you colonel.

I contacted Ray when I was in high school, and he replied. Eventually we visited one another several times and discussed "the writing game". Though I wouldn't say I became a protoge', he was always supportive of my ambition as an historian. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back