Re-enactors

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
I have a few floating around. This is one of my favorites

DSC_5884.jpg

If you want to go back even further, how about Ulysses S. Grant:

DSC_9880.jpg

Good stuff Gary and Erich. I've got mixed feelings about these re-enactors - they can really help set a scene, but some of them are a rather strange bunch, and can't help feeling a bit sad for them. NOTE - not all, just some I've had to work with in the past.

Great pics Gary, I have thought it would be neat to reinact revolutionary war stuff, but there is really nothing around here like that. Some Civil War reinactments from time to time. Gets pretty expensive to put together "real" period stuff

Great shots Gary and Eric, I kind of like the rein actors they give a nostalgic feeling to the scene. I have always wanted to go to a Civil and Revolutionary War reenactment, I just mist one in Kentucky years ago while doing family research.

Good stuff Gary and Erich. I've got mixed feelings about these re-enactors - they can really help set a scene, but some of them are a rather strange bunch, and can't help feeling a bit sad for them. NOTE - not all, just some I've had to work with in the past.

I'd have to agree with you Airframes.
Overheard at Classic Fighters 2011 airshow: "It's nice of them to put these aircraft as a backdrop for us" :rolleyes:

I have heard of Vietnam reinactors but that would be too creepy for me, at least. There is an entire society of medievil reinactors with real swords/shields/mail/ect. There is even a king and queen of america. I got to know several of them years ago at the Bristol, WI Renaissance Faire. It was hard to believe how much money many of them had invested in custom fit armour. There were full-time blacksmiths making armour and others weaving cloth and making period clothes. We all have hobbies I guess

Most of them take it very seriously and it's good to see the original kit. Some very nice photos posted above,the only minor problem for me is that they (the reenactors) are just too....ahem.....old.

I have an old mate who has been in The Sealed Knot for years.They reenact scenes from our civil war and they take it VERY seriously indeed.

Cheers

Steve

Love the photos, love the re-enactors! :thumbright:

They keep history alive, as we on this forum attempt to do.

Steve

Yeah how awesome is that. Some may call it silly, but I find virtually all periods rather fascinating. But I find the WWII pics in B&W better than the sepia tones. Great pics!! (though I have a rough spot in my heart of the P-51D with the extended canopy... blaspheme)

My brother is into the medieval re-enacting, and is one of those who has invested countless hours and $$$ in it. They don't pull their hits either, so all that money is money well-spent.
As an aside, I flew home one day with his mail and helmet ( about 20 kg worth!) in my carry-on. I was going to put them on if they had any issues with the weight, but they didn't say a thing about it. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the security though when I told them what was in my bag, and all they could see on the x-ray scanners was a big black mass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back