Read the story, sign the petition (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers everyone. Thought I would make up a banner that I will get up on my website this weekend.

Attachments

• bringhimhome.jpg
    bringhimhome.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 85
As Paul Lorence's son, I've got to say thanks for the support, guys.

After so long we're hoping the Libyans will be more forthcoming with information and aid us in our search for the truth. Now, almost 21 years on and with a new US embassy in Tripoli, the wheels of diplomacy shall hopefully turn more freely in the face of public support.

Peter, I want you to know that there are many, many people that never forgot your father, nor forgot he was missing. There are 2 names on my flagpole for the POW flag that hangs on my house 365 days a year for missing airmen. The top name is your father. I remember you when you were just a baby. I was there the day that your mother was presented the flag at the big hangar at RAF Lakenheath and how there were very few dry eyes there that day.

I really hope that one day there are some straight answers about your father. Lord knows it has been long overdue and its indeed sad that 21 years later, we still are wondering. Have you ever spoken with Col. Fzakerly? I believe taht he was most likely the last one to see Major Ribas and your father alive. He can shed more light than the many stories heard over the years as to what happened. That account was published, but has rarely been repeated.

I will send you a PM with some things that I know.

Eric
1979 Info Systems Squadron RAFL 1985-1987
Communications Support Team, El Dorado Canyon

Attachments

• DSC_7382.jpg
    DSC_7382.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_7381.jpg
    DSC_7381.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 61
I'm suprised not more have signed my Dad has told me it was always the thing that really upset him most in WW2, the US dead were always treated with great reverence and when ever possible returned home and even now he says it is nice to see how important repatriation is still taken,
His mate got dumped in a hole with not even a marker put there.
So lets hope this has some effect and gets Pauls dad back home, its the least he deserves.

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 64
Hope I am not too late to sign this......sorry just found it.
Spent many hours at Lakenheath up against the fence with my camera and I loved the F111....
......a couple of clicks with a mouse doesn't seem enough.

It seems that raid was the last one in which we were able to resolve a situation completely by force... Col. Kadaffi was "put back into his box".

...I also signed

I was at RAF Binbrook at that time photographing the Lightnings there and I always remember someone had written on the "Crashgate Keep Out" sign..
L akenheath
I s
B ombing
Y our
A ss

Thanks guys. It means a lot. I have been in contact with Capt Lorence's son, who was 8 months old when it happened. Until Capt Lorence's remains come home to rest, this will continue. I will keep you all posted on the progress as I get more information.

Thanks for your continued support!

and the Fresnch Embassy was bombed by "mistake"..

As sam kinison said: "Our aim woulda been a whole lot better if we didn't have to fly those extra 11,000 air miles!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back