Really need clarification on P-40 B/C Allison engines......... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Swede Ware

Airman
Apr 6, 2020
Hamilton, Ohio
Planning a P-40 B/C in 1/32nd. The B/C came with an Allison V-1710. A V-1710 what? I have found 1710-numbered and 1710- lettered, with a Long Nose version tossed in. If I can nail down the correct engine/engines then I know what to look for in after market. If anyone can point this confused "Ol guy in the right direction I would appreciate it!!

Dana, you are the man!!! Appreciate this so much. I have been looking around for any 1/32nd V-1710 period and have come up short so far but now I have a bit more info as to what exactly I need. Have a great day my friend!!

I have a -33 manual - now posted at.

Planning a P-40 B/C in 1/32nd. The B/C came with an Allison V-1710. A V-1710 what? I have found 1710-numbered and 1710- lettered, with a Long Nose version tossed in. If I can nail down the correct engine/engines then I know what to look for in after market. If anyone can point this confused "Ol guy in the right direction I would appreciate it!!
Hope this helps for future endeavors:

If you got to the engine entries, you'll find the aircraft that the engine models were used in;
Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 9.35.31 PM.png
see attached for early Allisons as an example.

Interesting error in that chart in that the C15/-33 was never fitted to the P-40E. The P-40D and subsequent aircraft used F series engines instead of C series long nose engines as shown beside the -39 engine.

For those confused by the F-40 designation - this was a post war chart so used the post war designations for the aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back