Recognition Cards?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vinnye

Senior Airman
Dec 28, 2009
Barnsley, UK
During a recent visit it the Imperial War Museum Duxford, I saw some playing cards in an exhibit in The American Hangar - they were normal sized playing cards - but had different aircraft on them! I suppose they were meant to aid the recognition of AC in a fun way.
Does anyone know if there are any of these packs still available?

I have a set of them that I picked up at an air museum a couple of years ago. They are reproductions of the old ones, but still pretty neat. The ones I have were put out by US Games Systems in Stamford CT. The cards have an ISBN # on them (0-88079-509-3).

I just found that same deck on e-bay for $5, which is about what I paid for mine.

Half.com / Books / Airplane Spotter Playing Cards: World War II Allied and Axis

Evangilder - you are a star!
I am quite happy with a reproduction set - so i will be purchasing a set of those.
many thanks!:)

I have noticed that most Flight Museums (at least the one's I've been to) have these for sale as well.

Good link Eric.

I did look in the Museum shop to see if I could find these cards - but no joy!
Don't know if that was because of my poor eyesight - or they were not available?
The shop was extremely busy - or I would have asked a member of staff.
Many thanks for the link ! :)

One of my grandmother's relatives was in the navy during WWII. She gave me a set of playing cards that had photos of warships during the war. These spotting cards were in new condition and still had the case. My step father threw them away when I went to college.:evil:

DBII

I was able to save a ration book and a menue from a restaurant in France. I would rather have the cards, B&W photos of warships at sea.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back