Red Baron on Bicycle Photo Request Please?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rob Romero

Airman
Apr 24, 2007
I remember seeing a photo of WWI Ace of Aces Manfred von Richthofen (80 Kills) on a Bicycle somewhere. If anyone could post this pic, or post a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

I have the book "Who Killed the Red Baron". I seem to recall a picture of Manfred on a bicycle in the book. It's been a while since I read it. Probably 'cause I can't find the darn thing!

tom

I have the book "Who Killed the Red Baron". I seem to recall a picture of Manfred on a bicycle in the book. It's been a while since I read it. Probably 'cause I can't find the darn thing!

tom[/QUOTE]

I've got a book entitled who killed the red baron by P.J. Carisella, I've looked through it several times all I can find is a picture of him riding a HORSE!

Is this what youre looking for?

Regards

T.:confused:

Thanks,
No. I'm sure I saw a photo of MvR (as he liked to write his Signature) on a bicycle -I'm not confusing this with the photo of Werner Voss (48) next to his motorcycle. But I wouldn't mind seeing the photo of him riding the horse either. I am willing to trade photos or data for your trouble.

Thanks,

Rob

I have the book "Richthofen" by William Burrows and it has afew photos. Only one that comes close is MvB as a child being pulled in a wagon by a goat. Sure thats not it. Are you sure it wasn't a motorcycle? I thought I saw one with him on it, a photo that is.

No, I am 100% certain there is a photo of MvR on a bicycle as well as another of him jumping a horse in a steeplechase (?) race, as there is a photo of Voss with his motorcycle. I am pretty sure that Concorde247 is correct in indicating that it was in 'Under the Guns of the Red Baron.'

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Guys,
I've gone through All of my books on the Red Baron (8 in all!) I cannot see a single pic of him on a bike, just one as a child, One riding a horse (enclosed). The only pic i have of a german air ace with a motorbike is the enclosed one with Werner Voss.8)

Attachments

• MvR Horse racing.jpg
    MvR Horse racing.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Werner Voss with his motorbike.jpg
    Werner Voss with his motorbike.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 249

Users who are viewing this thread

Back