Remembrance Sunday, Duxford meet ?

Discussion in 'OFF-Topic / Misc.' started by Geedee, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Geedee

Geedee Well-Known Member

This Remembrance Sunday... 8th Nov...Rocketeer (Tony) and myself will be going to pay our respects and have a bimble around Duxford (the Airfield, not the village !) for the day.

Anybody here in Blighty fancy a meet up ?. We are probably going to B B on the Saturday eve and will be on the airfield when it opens ( Its also free entry on the day !). Will spend the day pottering around the hangars / museums and generally just soaking up the atmosphere, with no agenda other than the set time for the ceremony.

After the ceremony has finished, come and raise a glass (Spifire of course !!) or have a cigar with us. Not getting dressed up for the day as personally, I dont feel the need to have to wear a jacket / tie to show my gratitude to those who never returned, they know.

Call us daft...if you want to... but each year, we both take a small suitable item from our collections that has a particular significance to the conflct and our involvement in recent years with WW2 history / archaeology and this year is no exception. If you have something you would like to bring and tell us its story at the same time, then please do.

If every-one is up for it, I'll take a group photo before the day ends, with a suitable backdrop that will be posted here on the site and full res copies sent out to the crew who are there.

2. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Sounds like a great idea Gary and Tony. I'll check my 'Financial Reserves', see if Karl is free that weekend and let you know. Make a change from getting p&s wet through at the local War Memorial ! It would also be great for a bunch of us UK memebers to be able to meet. Where you staying for B&B ?
    Terry.

3. WhiteLion

WhiteLion New Member

Artist/teacher
    Hi guys
    Will very likely be there (working or otherwise) so will keep in touch about this, Jon