Report spam button

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
I looked through the forums, but didnt see anything. Is there a way to implement a button that is on our profiles to report a user as possible spam. With the attacks that we are having, This might be a good idea, but I dont know how hard it is to implement.

Only users with over a 1000 post would be able to use it (as this keeps the button from being abused by those with say a hundred post or less) and you know that its pretty trust worthy to have us with 1000 or more post to push the button. Plus also there are enough of us around that one of us would come across a spammer pretty quick.

It would work like this. I log on and see a person spamming the site. I go to his personal profile, and click the "report as spam" button. When I click it a e-mail goes out to all Moderators and Administrators with the information to automatically hunt down all the post and delete them and block the spammer.

I know there would be a few to abuse it, but this could work really well. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hmmmmm...in the lower left corner of all the posts, there's a red and white triangle with a "!" in, that you can click to report spam.
That's what I use everytime I come across any kind of spam in here.
Is that what you mean?

That's what I do, Maria, when I see a spammer...I just go to thier post and press the
report.gif
and call in air support...

Once the Mods have the co-ordinates, they do the rest :evil4:

Hmmmmm...in the lower left corner of all the posts, there's a red and white triangle with a "!" in, that you can click to report spam.
That's what I use everytime I come across any kind of spam in here.
Is that what you mean?

Will you stop report my posts as spam!!!!

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back