Requesting Canadian SpitfireIX pictures/wallpaper/painting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chiron

Airman 1st Class
Feb 17, 2005
Can someone post some Canadian Spitfire wallpapers (i really love to see painting though)?????

Thanks

Here's something.

Attachments

• beurling_-_falcon_of_malta_614.jpg
    beurling_-_falcon_of_malta_614.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,109
  • beurling_1_118.jpg
    beurling_1_118.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • canadian_spit_5_186.jpg
    canadian_spit_5_186.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,169
  • canadian_spit_6_837.jpg
    canadian_spit_6_837.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,105
  • canadian_spit_3_101.jpg
    canadian_spit_3_101.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,114
:D very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, do you got any Can. Spitfire wallpaper????, I want to make it to my desktop!!!!!

8) Cant be more prounder than seeing our maple on Spit.

Chiron said:
By the way, do you got any Can. Spitfire wallpaper????, I want to make it to my desktop!!!!!

8) Cant be more prounder than seeing our maple on Spit.
This was all I could come up with, I'm afraid. Pics of post-war Canadian Spits seem to be scarce.

You can just see the leaf on the folded wing of the Seafire in the colour pic.

Attachments

• rcn_seafire_1_204.jpg
    rcn_seafire_1_204.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • rcnseafire1_184.jpg
    rcnseafire1_184.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,067
By the way, who was the #1 Canadian Ace in WWII??? (with Spitfire of course)????

That was George Beurling. Sometimes known as "Buzz", sometimes known as "Screwball". He started out flying for the RAF where he scored 29 of his 32 victories. They couldn't take his attitude after a while, and booted him out! :lol:
He then joined the RCAF until war's end. He was a grade-A psychopath!

"Through relentless concentration he developed a marked skill at deflection shooting and together with his high awareness was soon recognized as a excellent shot, like many successful Spitfire pilots he developed the habit of only engaging enemy aircraft at 250 yards or less - a range at which many other pilots would be breaking away."

Well, I read some details about him from weikipedia.com. But is it true, as I quoted it, most Spitfire pilots fire at less 250 yards, while others dont???

But I though Spitfire has very reasonbale fire power, 2 machine guns plus 2 cannons, right?

The cannons were standard from about the Mk. V onward. The early Mk. I and II Spitfires, of Battle of Britain fame, were armed only with the machine guns, for the most part. Plus, these guns were spread wide along the wings.
Also like you say, even the Mk's. V, VIII, IX, and so on still carried machine guns in addition to their cannons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back