RESEARCH - Seeking past students of St Joseph's CBC North Melbourne

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cristal

Recruit
Jan 1, 2009
I am currently trying to locate past students (or their names!) of St. Joseph's CBC North Melbourne, now known as St Joseph's College Melbourne. As this school will close in December 2010 after more than a century I thought it fitting to record the names of as many men as possible who have served in the armed forces - peace or wartime, in whatever capacity.

This project was initiated when I discovered a 16mm roll of film, about to be dumped, showing the passing out parade of the last College Cadets contingent sometime in the 1950's.

If you know of anyone please just post a reply here. :)

i'll do what i can on this computer full of blocks but its a school one so just give me some names and i might get something

Thank you,

Any names would be appreciated, but I am stuck on the following at the moment -

Thomas Charles WHITE - 419560 of 625 Squadron - KIA 4/5/44
Desmond Victor WHITE - 430423 of Operational Training Unit (RAF?) - KIA 13/10/44
Robert TUTTY - RAAF - no other information
Brian O'CONNELL - 437192 of 5th Squadron - KIA 6/7/45

Many thanks

Hi Cristal -
Just now saw your post. Maybe too late, but I'll tell you what I know.
*I'm Colin Hingston (Matric 1966) and I served in the RAAF in the Engineering Branch from January 1977 through to my retirement in February 2003 at the rank of Air Vice-Marshal. I cotinue to serve on the Active Reserve, in an advisory capacity.
*Mike Nixon (Matric 1962) served in the RAAF from January 1963as a Pilot (we both joined the RAAF Academy at Point Cook), and retired as a Group Captain in about early 1996. He now flies the Sabre out of the Temora (NSW) Aviation Museum.
*Barry Grocott (Matric 1966) also joined the RAAF and when I last heard of him (about 1978) he was serving as a Corporal at Headquarters Support Command in Melbourne.
*Mike Nixon may know of others. If you like you could try to contact him through the Museum
(phone 02- 6977 1088 or email [email protected])
Hope this helps -
Colin
0411 283554

(Matric 1966) and I served in the RAAF in the Engineering Branch from January 1977 through to my retirement in February 2003 at the rank of Air Vice-Marshal.

you do mean January 1967, i hope. (otherwise, well, maybe it's not too late for me ... )
steven

you do mean January 1967, i hope. (otherwise, well, maybe it's not too late for me ... )
steven
Hi Steven -
Absolutely correct, 1967; my affliction with Oldtimer's Disease is obviously at a gallop.
One thing I meant to mention, though I'm sure you know, is that Bishop Morgan (featured on one of the Alumni pages) was Catholic Chaplain-General to the Army, and later was Bishop to the Forces.
I now wish I'd kept in contact with North (I signed up on the Alumni database only today); I see there's a dinner on 3 December but I'll be up at Amberley for a RAAF dinner at that time.
Col H

i'm afraid i did not know Bishop Morgan, but will not now forget the name and where he had come from as i pursue my interest in the ADF. It sounds like a proud school. When you matriculated however, some of us were just reading our first Biggles ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back