Rest in Peace Karah Conroy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I mentioned this in what annoyed you today but...a girl in my grade died in a car accident last night

Here brother who is a senior was driving to school and at a notoriously bad intersection a driver waved them on and he crossed the road. As he did a driver was not paying attention and T-Boned them. Her brother got out with only a few stitches but she had head trauma and many other injuries. She was put into a medical induced coma. Last night at about 10 o'clock she passed away at the age of 15.

I only talked to her a few times in school but I'm still having a hard time dealing with it. I've never really lost a close family member. My grandpa passed away when I was way to young to understand.

I went to the candlelight vigil this evening and even that was hard to bring myself to. Its been a long day.

Candelight vigil for Voorhees High School student who died is at 7 tonight | NJ.com

Dang, that frikkin sucks, bro. Words can't do much at a time like this, but know that you're always welcome to vent here...you're family, ya know. And the thoughts and prayers of a great group of folks around the world are going out to you, your friend's family, and all those involved.

I understand how you feel Harrison. If you need someone to talk to, we are always a click away. Had something similar happen when I was in school.

Appreciate it guys, its going to be a tough few weeks ahead. Its just a weird feeling knowing you were talking to someone a week before and now you'll never see them again.

Terribly sorry to hear Harrison, my friend!
Nothing but my most hearfelt, deepest, sincerest condolences to offer, to you, her family and your friends....
If the distance wasn't that great, I could have done something....

Sorry to hear this Harrison. Feel free to PM any of us if you want to talk about this. I've had my share of losses over the past few years as you may know, its never easy.

Harrison, also accept my sincere condolences, death, tho a reality of life is difficult to take at any time for anyone but at your young age almost impossible to comprehend. Those who have been in the service and been in combat get somewhat inured to it but when close friends die next to you the unreality hits just as hard.
A few months ago a 14YO girl at a school I was at walked onto a train track and sat down in front of an oncoming train. It was a small country school where everyone knew everyone else. The kids had a very tough time dealing with such death

Thanks guys it means a lot

The powers out, schools out, and her funeral service is at Tuesday right after school. Just a weird feeling that I was talking to her for the first time a few days before and now she's gone..

Harrison, I have been where your at now. Having lost a couple of schoolmates and one close friend when I was in lower school. It hits kinda hard, the realization that we are not bullet proof. Know that we are here and some of us know a little of what you may be going through.

Well Harrison, adding from my first post, I've been where you are now. I lost a co-worker back when I was working at home. He was killed in a car accident involving alchohol. I didn't know him too well, he was a higher grade than me, and we had brief exchanges where we worked. Still, it hit me hard, so I know where you're coming from. Remember, you've got the forum it you want to talk about it, and I'm sure your friends and family are doing the same thing. Stay strong.

Turn the negative into a positive. When you are driving, please keep her in your memory to prevent you from doing those stupid things in a car that typically comes with youth. I worry about my son every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back