Revell 04709, 1/32nd DH Sea Venom F.22, 894 Sqd FAA, HMS Albion (Matchbox reissue)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BombTaxi

Tech Sergeant
Nov 27, 2004
Barnsley, S. Yorks, UK
Hi chaps,

You may remember me posting this a very long time ago:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/model-kit-reviews/revell-04709-1-32nd-dh-sea-venom-f-22-venom-nf-3-matchbox-reissue-sprue-shots-16784.html

Well, I've finally started this kit and I can safely say it's a good one 8) I'm going to finish it as the model on the box art, '492' from 894 Squadron aboard HMS Albion in 1960.

Not much progress so far, but here's a shot of the engine sub assemblies completed:

IMG_0656.gif

More pictures as I make some progress.

No more pics yet, but I have painted up the pit and am working on the seats at the moment. I've also assembled the tip tanks and made a start on painting the wings and fuselage interior. Fit so far is good, a little bit of sanding has been required and a small amount of filler may be necessary, but for the age and price of the kit it's nothing I could grumble about - it's certainly better than any Airfix offering I've done of late! :lol:

I was lucky enough to see a completed build 'in the flesh' last week and it is BIG - I'm glad I'm doing a 'wings folded' version, or I would be building an extension to the flat! :lol:

No progress to report yrt chaps, I'm starting to feel I have bitten off slightly more than I can chew here. I'm still working on it, but have decided to do a few 1/72 kits to build up my skills and confidence a bit more. I'm still doing a little bit here and there on this project, will update as and when there is major progress 8)

Here's a couple of shots I took at Duxford to help inspire you and build enthusiasm.......

Attachments

• Czech 090.jpg
    Czech 090.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Czech 091.jpg
    Czech 091.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Czech 092.jpg
    Czech 092.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 143
Cheers Terry, they're great 8) Like I say, it's is still in progress, just at a very slow pace. I definitely want to see if finished in the foreseeable future, but I king of got back into modelling without re-visiting the basics - I just dived right in with big, relatively complicated kits, which is probably where there are a few lying around here unfinished :oops: I will be doing a few little guys in parallel with this to help me get back up to speed and build my confidence a bit...

I agree there. With bigger, more complex kits, just treat each stage as a separate kit. Take your time, pace things, and you'll get there. As Wojtek would say, modelling isn't a race!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back